Grounding wire connection?

Username: Voivodevo

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased an Denon AVR-1705 receiver, but am having trouble figuring out where to hook up the grounding cable for my turntable (Technics SL-BD22). There doesn't appear to be any obvious location on the receiver to make the connection.

A diagram of the receiver's back is on page 10 of the manual, available at Denon's website:
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pdfs/AVR-1705_685S-OM_WebRmt.pdf

I'm getting a hum when playing LPs and I believe it's because I don't have the turntable grounded to the receiver. If there is no place on the receiver to ground it, what are my options for grounding?

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

- Dave

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4241

Loosen a screw holding the cover onto the chassis and use that for a grounding lug.

Username: Voivodevo

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the tip. It worked!

emanon
Unregistered guest
i just got a Technics SL-Q30 and dont even see a spot for a grounding wire. anyone know where it goes? can i add one somehow? thanks.

emanon
Unregistered guest
^ that was supposed to be SL-Q300.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 189
I have a SL-BD2, which may be similar or different than yours, but I don't know. The ground wire for mine is on the back near the RCA outputs and detachable power cord output. It is a small round hole that has a small pin in the middle. As far as getting a new ground wire if it's missing, I have no idea.

emanon
Unregistered guest
there is a little hole next to the RCA outputs.... the symbol above it is sort of like an upside down T with three slashes under it. is that where it goes?

also, what would i ground it to if im using a pre-amp and plugging it into a set of JBL computer speakers? thanks.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4336

The upsidedown "T" is the AM antenna input. Do not use this as a ground.

Read my post above.

emanon
Unregistered guest
thanks Jan Vigne, but im talking about on the turntable itself. theres a small hole next to the RCA outputs.

Unregistered guest
Hi. My turntable didnt come with a ground wire. Its got one of those screw terminals though near the red and white RCA plugs.

My mixer has the same kind of screw terminal. Im wondering what i can use as a ground wire. Could i just use any old bit of wire and shave the plastic off each end and wrap it round the screw terminals? or do i need some special wire? or am i even heading in the right direction!?!? lol

Unregistered guest
Hi. My turntable didnt come with a ground wire. Its got one of those screw terminals though near the red and white RCA plugs.

My mixer has the same kind of screw terminal. Im wondering what i can use as a ground wire. Could i just use any old bit of wire and shave the plastic off each end and wrap it round the screw terminals? or do i need some special wire? or am i even heading in the right direction!?!? lol

Unregistered guest

My mixer has the same kind of screw terminal. Im wondering what i can use as a ground wire. Could i just use any old bit of wire and shave the plastic off the ends and wrap it round the screw terminal? or do i need some special wire? or am i even heading in the right direction!?!? lol

tedious lemon
Unregistered guest
also i apologise for the three messages. The damn page wouldnt load ^_^

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5905

Most any wire that fits will do fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help