Record Player speeds????

Username: Reidms

Post Number: 1
I just bought an Emerson M-2100A 8-tack/record/radio combo off Ebay. I have 2 RPM speeds 33 and 45 RPM.
What does this mean? And should I have purchased one with 78 RPM?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5568

Got any 78's? Intend to buy any 78's? If you do, do you know where to find 78's?

Post Number: 2
I don't have any 78 RPM, I might buy one if I need it(as soon as I find out what this means) and I know where to find them.

Post Number: 3
Also- A pic of it.Upload

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5578

Once you have one, you're going to need 78 to play it. They sound really funny when you do it on 33.

Is it the "RPM" thing you don't understand?

BTW, you got any 8 tracks?

Post Number: 4
Ack! (somewhere a 33-45RPM record player is being shipped to me)lol I understand what RPM is-I just didnt know which RPM I needed to play a record.
Anyway to mod it to play 78?

I bought this mainly for the 8-track player for my dad. And he has several 8-tracks(mainly stuff like alice cooper, black sabbath, grand funk rr, ect.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 5586

It tells you on the record label what speed to use. Usually 12" is 33 and smaller is 45. But there are many exceptions to that general rule. Check the record label.

Nope, 78 can't be achieved unless the table has that option.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1039
RPM stands for revolutions per minute. If you find some 78's in decent condition, hold onto them as they may be valuable as collector's items.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us