Advice on active (powered) speakers

Username: Facialwork

Post Number: 1
My music is on a computer as MP3 files. I utilize creative soundblaster digital media receivers. In several locations I can not place a sub woofer on the floor. Can I place it on top of a cabinet and still get good base? If not can you make recomendations for active speakers I can use that do not have a sub woofer? Do you have recomendations for active speakers with a sub woofer to play digital music? Thanks Facialwork

Bronze Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 29
It's generally accepted than the best placement for a sub is on the floor in a corner. This placement has the best success at exciting all room modes. If you can't put it on the floor, at least put it in a corner. I think the issue with placing it at ear level with most of these little computer speakers is the crossover point is so high you will get considerable directionality from the sub which could be very annoying. If you can figure out some way to diffract the sound, such as placing inside something like a deep shelf it might help. At least point the driver away from where you are sitting. Hope that helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us