Opinions on NAD T534

Anonymous

Hi ,

Would like to know if anyone here is using this model and how does it compare with mod T533 .

TIA

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3589
This is a new model. The specs seem to be the same as for the T533. On their web site, NAD seems to be confused about what to call it. The front panel seems to be redesigned and the unit is 3/4 " shorter. Unless I've missed something, It looks like the changes could be cosmetic.

http://www.nadelectronics.com/dvd_players/T534_framset.htm

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1440
John is right it is pretty much the same player in a thinner package.

bi0hazard
Unregistered guest
The T534 offer upscaling to 720p and 1080i, along with HDMI output. Did the T533 offer that as well?

Oh btw, that link above displays the T524 for some reason, must be a problem with their site.

Gold Member

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3607
No, good point: no HDMI on the T533.

versicolor
Unregistered guest
I just bought the T534. i have it hooked up to a nad 272 amp and the 162 preamp. the t534 replaced a sony that i've had for years and there really is no comparison. it's a night and day difference especially for cd playback. i do have a problem with the picture but i don't think it is the dvd player. i sometimes notice faint horizontal lines that kind of drift up the screen. i'm not sure what causes it but i really don't think it's the dvd player at fault. i'm thinking maybe some kind of interference with the cables or something i don't know. but most of the time the picture is crystal clear with incredible color seperation. music playback is so good that all of my old cds seem new again. hopefully i can figure out the what the deal is with the lines. the player is easy to set up and operate, and has plenty of settings to play with and fine tune to personal taste. overall i'm happy with all of my nad equipment. the t534 is icing on the cake.

Gold Member

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3619
Good to read that, versicolor. Sorry I cannot help with video. It could be interference coming in from bad cabling to the TV. Use at least component video if you can. But that is a guess. I don't know much about video.

versicolor
Unregistered guest
well i have some pretty good component cables that i bought with the player. they weren't the best ones but good enough where i shouldn't have a problem. the lines really are not that bad but for $500 i shouldn't have any complaints at all i think.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1500
The NAD DVD player looks very good but unless it uses different lasers for the DVD and CD it still won't equal NAD's dedicated CD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us