Need help with Technics SL-1200MKII

Username: Dj_maven

Post Number: 1
I recently bought some used Technics SL-1200MKIIs and can play a record fine and can hear it playing out of the table itself. But I can't hear it playing out of the mixer (I have tried 2 mixers - 1 used, 1 new). I can't hear anything through the headphones + speakers. I have both tables plugged into the Phono inputs on the mixer as well. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might help me? I'm sure it's an easy fix. It usually is.

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4756

The "phono" ins on the mixer probably expect to see the output of an outboard phono pre amp. The mixer's inputs are more than likely at line level and merely labeled "phono" for convenience.

Post Number: 2
I already tried the Line inputs and it still doesn't work. I think that's what I got from your reply?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4758

No, I meant you probably will require an outboard phono pre amp to step the signal up to line level.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4759

Is the sound the same when the table is plugged into "phono" and "line"?

Post Number: 3
I am only getting sound from the tables themselves. No sound is coming out of the mixer into the headphones or speakers. I'll look into the outboard phono pre amp. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us