Nad C521BEE sounds thin and bright with Nad C370

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 205
I just purchased a C521BEE and had it hooked up to a Rotel RX-1052 with Athena AS-F1 speakers and it sounded OK. I then paired it up with the living room NAD C370 & Athena AS-F2s, replacing a 10 year old RCA 1050M-F CD player which sounds good...rich and full. The C521BEE is thin and bright by comparison. What is my problem? Could it be cheap cables? The plugs are gold plated but nothing special beyond that. THANKS FOR HELP!!

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 773
Try 2 NAD gears together - should sound better.

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 207
I did try the BEE with my NAD C370 and it's the same kind of sound. I was getting used to it and it was OK...BUT, the new BEE crapped out on me. The display says "no disc" after insterting a CD and will not play. Saturday Audio took it back, no problem. I'm presently waiting for the the new one which will be used with the Rotel receiver.

Also, due to arrive is a NAD C542 which I'll use with the NAD C370.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 1213
I hope it all works out for ya Rick. I've sure enjoyed my C542. But you know how that is "one man's tonic is another man's poison". Good luck.

Anonymous

Try the link below

http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Panasonic_DVD_Player_mods.html

I have this player(unmodified) and beats my friend's 521bee and will save you some$$$$

Good luck

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 404
How does it beat it? By what standards are you judging this? What equipment is he using?

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 209
It's interesting that the C542 has a very full, rich smooth sound that is different from the BEE. Maybe the replacement BEE will sound better than the BEE I sent back.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 405
The 542 is better no doubt but I am a little surprised you had those types of problems with the BEE as it is not that far off the 542!

Strange!

Anonymous

The 521bee sounded so dark and dull. The Panny is very detail and open. I compared it side by side with an Arcam int. and a pair of Dyns Audience50.

Silver Member

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 213
Mangaged to catch Saturday Audio before they shipped the replacement BEE. I upgraded to the C542.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us