Home wiring an amp.. help!

Username: Jekz409

Post Number: 2
Okay, so for powering a Boss RT345.. not the best but it should do.. im using a MDMM 350wt PSU, ive really only got one thing down, and thats that the yellow wire goes to the red connection on the power connectors.. i have no idea what do do with the remote cable and the ground cable.. for the ground i was thinking of connecting the ground wires on the PSU to it.. should this be feunctionable?

Post Number: 4
anyone?? pleaase?

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 83
hey John, are you talking about Car amp ?? if yes,
the ground should be connect to your car body and the remote should connect to your remote wire (if you have the after market HU). If your HU is the stock radio, you can connect the remote to Power antena or cigarette lighter. If you don't know what i'm talking about, bring it to the pro install.

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 180
John - wire the +12 (yellow wire) to the battery terminal of the amp along with the ground to the corresponding terminal. to turn the amp on, the REM terminal needs +12 volts, you may just use a short jumper from the BATT terminal on the amp to the REM terminal. That way when the power supply is turned on, the amps comes on also. :-)

Post Number: 9
Thank you dustin muuch thanks im sorry but i cant help asking what you mean when you say " you may just use a short jumper from the BATT terminal on the amp to the REM terminal" couldnt i just single out a yellow wire? sorry im not too experienced in remote terminals...

Username: Deckgn

Parma, Ohio United states

Post Number: 1
hey i have a 12 in sony sub and a rockford amp will it work on anything in the house please give me an answer, ps call me at 440-885-5692 or email me at derekpelle@yahoo.com bye

Username: Deckgn

Parma, Ohio United states

Post Number: 2
iv had trouble when i put a 12 in sub and a rockford amp in my dads van cause his baterey always would dran so he said that i could put the 12 in sub and the rockford amp in my room. amd i was wondering how to get power to the f***ing amp it bumps and thats what i like

so call me at 440-885-5692 or derekpelle@yahoo.com for an answer

thanks

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 184
Yes a yellow wire is a +12 wire, so that will work fine.. however, you need to have all of your yellow wires already connected into the battery terminal, not just one. same with the ground wires, you need to have all of your black wires connected to the ground. +12 wires are very cheap, you can pick them up at any radioshack im pretty sure. this website is really helpful:
http://www.virtualdynamics.net/arcade/poweramp.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us