Upgrading power cords?

Username: Greenears

Post Number: 2
has anyone out there ever tested the difference between stock power cords and upgrades from companies such as ps audio. is there a noticeable increse in quality? would the upgrade be mute if ones system already connected to a monster voltage stabilizer. what if u use it on the stabilizer itself?

i've heard a few people swear by them and i do believe a clean power=better sound but whats the benefit of good power cord. thoughts?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 168
How good is the wall power socket which you are plugging the stabilizer into?
I rewired my house a few years ago and was shocked (fortunately not literally) by the poor quality of the old wall sockets. The wiring was sometimes no longer firmly attached to the sockets.
I like the look of the PS Audio Power Port receptacle. That must be a good place to start.
I wonder have many $1500+ Nordost power cords are plugged into faulty $2 sockets?

The cheapest PS Audio power cords look reasonable value. They are screened, to prevent any interference on the cords reaching your interconnects, and the connectors are solid.

Though I doubt is you will notice any real audible difference unless your existing mains connections are poor. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4532

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/143066.html

Username: Greenears

Post Number: 3
thanks as always for info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help