Jamo speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
anyone heard of these. I have a good deal available to me for 5 jamo sattelite speakers for 500 bucks. i forget the model number at the moment, but i was wondering if these were good speakers. 70 watts is what they were rated at. i mostly watch movies and every now and then i play some music.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 705
I have heard of them and have heard they were good speakers but have no first ear knowledge.

the real maui
Unregistered guest
Another unsolicited response about a product you have not personally heard. What is it about Jamo speakers that you heard was good? Choice of drivers? Crossover parts? Internal bracing or structuring? Off axis response? Impedance curve? Explain please? Good post Art.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 737
Ditto maui!

the real maui
Unregistered guest
Another educational answer Art. keep looking....I have asked many answers of you. So far, not so good. I'm sure you'll do better. Perhaps your just tired.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 744
Not tired at all maui, I simply don't owe you a phucking thing. Again I would ask you to read for comprehension. The technical stuff doesn't interest me, ask anyone who has taken my simpleton advice if I know what I'm talkin' about. You are a punk maui, just the kind who hides out on these forums and pretends to be a man, good luck in the real world, boy.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 152
O for god sake, I've read posts about Maui before, constant argueing and competitiveness. Maui you sound like someone who doenst help or give any decent advice. Your not even bloudy registered. Only reason I feel like I have to say something is because whenever I read a post with people competing for status, its always 'Mr Powerful Maui, the real man' who seems to think he has authority over everything.
FORUMS-to discuss and help people. Sometimes people are helped and sometimes they're not, but stop with the critisisms and 'big boy' talk.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 281
The real Maui, why don't you go and fourth multiply?

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 25
i have heard the jamo speakers, but it was a salemens pitch that i am worried about. I was at a store that specializes in Sony equipment. He told me they were worth X amount of dollars, but it was the first time i heard the Jamo name. I didnt really want to spend the amount he has told me, but if they are top of the line speakers and i am getting a good deal. I may just pick them up.

Anonymous

I have been using JAMO tower speakers E670 and they are fantastic for the price. They sound better than BOSE. Listen to these satellite and if you find them good...pick them up ..no second thoughts..This Denmark stuff is good

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 823
They sound better than BOSE.

Hmmm...

Bronze Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 89
I've heard Jamo's at a local store on a number of occasions. Not really any better or worse than a lot of the speakers people here talk about - Paradigm, B&W, et al. - just different. Like every other speaker out there, they have their own unique properties and signiture. Whether it is good or bad is entirely up to you. They are a Denmark based company that has been around for quite some time, and considered very reputable by those who own them.

If your only concern is if they are some fly-by-night speaker company or not, the answer is no. They generally make a high quality speaker at a competitive price. They don't get a lot of reviews or press for some odd reason.

jarb
Unregistered guest
jamo http://www.jamospeakers.com/
has couple of great speakers. ie. their top-model d830 and especially it's previous version concert 8.

Silver Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 163
There are so many freaking maui trolls around here now days, that I don't believe any of them are the guy that used to post here. Personally I didnt have a problem with the dude.

That original guy got tiring but was pushing (whether he admitted it or not) a solid product in GMA speaker.

Bronze Member
Username: Shahrukhd

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 66
Jamo is one of the biggies in the HiFi world. They have some amazing speakers. It's surprising y'all haven't heard much about them.

Silver Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 133
Well I know they used to get a whole lot of press in the late 90s.I've heard them they are as good as anything out there.I know in 2001 or 2002 they had a big company change,I dont know if that has somehow affected their quality,being a company from Denmark I seriously doubt it considering it is the country that produces the best and most reliable drive units in the world.They have been around for more than 30 years and they were at the forfront some of the best designs of the late 70s and early 80s they are a respectful company dont pay a whole lot of attention to the reviews I'm not saying they do not have useful oppinions but here lately they have tende to review the speaker who have lots of advertising behind them.

Unregistered guest
Klipsch recently bought Jamo; you'll probably here much more about Jamo with Klipsch behind them trying to get a return on their newly acquired asset.

Calvin Carrigan
Unregistered guest
I heard these speakers at a Home Decor store in Miami. That's the store owned by Home Dept. They had a whole home theater set up in the store. They sounded really incredible. The actually do packages of a complete home theater installed.

Unregistered guest
hey guys , any one reviewed british 'Klegg M8 501' ovals( eggs actually)? i am told they sound better than BoseAM.i am in half mind in buying those for my Yamaha RXV650 AVR.
pls advise.

Silver Member
Username: Shahrukhd

Mumbai, Maharashtra India

Post Number: 107
Atma, I suggest you listen to the KEF eggs too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us