H/K 525 question

Username: Joolz

Westbank, B.C.

Post Number: 2
My receiver is downstairs for HT and I'm running 2 channels from this unit for stereo sound upstairs. I'd like to have my CD player upstairs with these speakers - but will I lose any quality in running such a long connection from receiver to CD player? What kind of cable should I use for this (it will be at least 35 ft!) Is this what the RJ-45 (A-Bus) connection is for?? Any help appreciated!

Username: Joolz

Westbank, B.C.

Post Number: 3
bump

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 237
Joolz: A-Bus (Audio Bus) is for line-level audio signals and control information from your receiver to other remote locations. It's not designed to "specifically" carry a CD player's line-level audio from a remote location to the receiver. A-Bus is designed to deliver line-level audio and (IR) control information from a central equipment location (where you receiver, CD Player, etc are) to a remote location.

If you really just want a room with it's own minin-system (w/ CD Player), you're probably better off just buying a small 2-channel 45-50W integrated stereo amplifier to go with the CD player.

I'm in the middle of planning my whole-house audio system now. My system will be built around the H/K AVR-525. My house is already run on Leviton OnQ structured wiring with CAT 5 to all rooms... hmmm... except the bathrooms... hmmm.

Username: 88wrangler

Post Number: 1
geekboy, I too am planning a whole-house audio system, tho I'm just starting. I also have the AVR-525. I have been looking around at various sites for some help in designing the system and necessary components. Do you have a good reference site, I've been using smarthome.com.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 238
Well, my structured wiring system -- so far -- is all Leviton based so I use Leviton.COM for information on their stuff. I'm looking into the Decora Media System (for distributed audio and video).

This link on Whole House Audio is very good. This guy did a great job in documenting his system. I'm following that and the standard from Leviton.

I'll update some more when I find my other references... don't seem to be able to locate the links.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us