Denon AVR2805 vs AVR3805

Username: Sme0819

Post Number: 3
I've heard a lot about these 2 receivers and am looking for the best value for my money based on what I'm looking for. I'm not settled on either of these and am completely open to other brands in their price range.

It will be used with a Sony 50WE655 TV in a large room with surround sound speakers and needs to be capable of running 2 additional speakers outside to the deck.

Anonymous

There was a person I think called Riches1 who I think had the 2805 and went to the 3805 I don!t know if he is still hanging around or not but he should be able to explain the differences.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1577
There are subtle improvements in the 3805, and you need to do your homework on those improvements, and decide whether or not it's worth the added expense. Only you can decide that.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 168
More speaker inputs, more connectivity features and more bells and whistles in the 3805 and a bit more power to drive these extras, and thus the price difference but in a blind test I don't think you will be able to hear any difference.

Remember that in building electronics, such things as extra ports, software upgrades and other seemingly minut things will make the price difference and the model differentiation for the market segment they are going for.

Bronze Member
Username: Rikmeister

Hometown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 24
i got a denon 3805 on ubid for 651.00 plus 39.95 shipping if that helps you out.

Silver Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 169
Riches1 here. Yeh, I had the 2805 but moved up to the 3805. Why? Four power supplies in the 3805 vs 1 power supply in the 2805. Additionally, the 4 power supplies in the 3805 use higher quality caps and coils. The 3805 has a much better and way cooler touchpad remote. And finally, in a blind comparison, I did hear a difference. However, both are great receivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us