Pioneer anyone?

Steve Richards
Unregistered guest
My friend is thinking about getting the pioneer 1015tx. He claims that he listened to it and it sounded the best to him (considering his budget).
I never really heard the pioneer line in any listening room..., but i heard the Elite line is not bad.
Can they compare to the H/K / Marantz / Denon ones?

Anoni
Unregistered guest
Sure they do, the Elite line that is. They are very good receivers for both Music and Movies

Bronze Member
Username: Lazyb

SLC, UT

Post Number: 21
I own a 56txi at the moment and I absolutely love it, but who doesn't like their own equip? heh.
For the price of the 1015, you're getting a pretty good piece, I think it kills the Harman in the same category. I haven't done a lot with Marantz, or Denon so I'm not too certain on that end.

Bronze Member
Username: Ziggyzoggyoioi

Outside Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 35
Steve... the 1015tx is a pretty good piece, but Pioneer skimped on a few things to keep it at its price point and maintain the costly THX certification. The only crossover frequency for bass management available is 80hz, whereas the other companies typically offer 40 and 60hz crossovers. This could be a problem depending on his speakers. They also did not include an AV Sync control, so if he's doing any video processing and/or running long video cable lengths he may have syncing issues.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us