I am stumped

Username: Gsxr1380

Post Number: 1
I am stumped i just got a 300 watt 2 channel amp and i hooked it up and the protect light comes on then it bumps for a second and goes back to the protect light and then all over again plz tell me what i should do or tell me what is wrong

Bronze Member
Username: Dan_the_man

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
two wires are shorted together without any load. Remove your channel outputs one by one to isolate. By then using substitution with known good components and wires you can then find out where the problem is. That's about as simple as it gets, i mean if the unit goes into protect with nothing connected then its likely the unit.

Username: Gsxr1380

Post Number: 3
do mean that if the rca's are not in and the amp is still doing the same thing that it likely the amp is shorted out

Bronze Member

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 42
start with your speakers

Username: Audiobahnguy

Post Number: 4
what kind of amp is it?i had a pro carmuo 690 watt amplifier that did the same thing as yours does,i took it apart and seen some loose parts (i forget what they are called) but they are white and noticable.i simply grabbed a solder gun and resoldered everything loose whatever lol and then put glue on it...problem solved!if you've checked all your wiring and your battery voltage..and thats correct ..check inside your amp..and gimme exact info about your amp also..

Bronze Member

London, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 44
unless you know about discharging capicitence don't open your amp, leave it to someone that knows... you could get really hurt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us