DAT Condensation on my SONY DTC-790

Username: Songfish

NY, NY United States

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem with their DAT Players. I have a SONY DTC-790 which I got from Electra Records as they were downsizing and throwing away a bunch of stuff I "luckily" got my hands on. I got myself some really nice equipment! I've had the deck for over a year now and has worked beautifully without a problem, but this summer heat in New York City has seriously caused some moisture condesation in my machine and I can't get the message "CAUTION" to go away, nor am I able to remove my cassette from the deck bay. I removed the deck from my rack and put it in a different room where I hope it will (fingers crossed) reset itself.
Can anybody who'se had this problem before please give some advice, thanks!
-Songfish

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5255
Its been 8 months...should be dry by now:-)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2327
Hmmm,nobody ever posts in here lol...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6104
Taking lessons from Logan Rob?

Post ho.

Bronze Member
Username: Simon_hans

Geleen, Limburg Netherlands

Post Number: 11
Hello, anybody in there?

I got hold on a Sony DAT DTC-55ES. I was really surpised that one can record on tape without loss of quality (in 1995 I thew my tape-dec away, I was sick of the awfull quality of this kind of equipment)

So, now I am recording again with tape. It is said that it is better than burning CD's from PC, because of less read/write failures.

And yes this post I from 2009!!!

Simon

Username: Silviolanciano

Lanciano, Chieti Italy

Dear Lüca Truini,
I am having the same message on my DTC 790. How did you resolve the problem? Thank you so much.

Username: Adtranz

I found a way to eject the tape when this problem occurs. Switch the power off. Switch the power back on. The transport will unload and reload the tape from the capstan. As soon as it unloads (about one second after the power is turned back on) press the OPEN / CLOSE button. If you watch the supply real you see it spin counterclockwise and stop. As soon as the supply real has stopped, you must press the OPEN / CLOSE button, otherwise the transport will load the tape on the capstan again.

I will post more info if needed.

Good Luck}

Username: Amgp

Apple Valley, MN United States

I have a question on the Sony DTC-790. I'd like to use the digital optical output to write to the hard drive on my PC. Can I just use a digital optical Toslink cable from the DTC 790 to connect directly to a sound card on the PC? If so, can anybody recommend an inexpensive sound card that would be capable of this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us