What cd player to by hlp req

Username: Fender62

Post Number: 1
im looking for a cd player to go with my denon dra365rd reciever,i know the deno is old but i rather like its sound. looking for posssibly something used on ebay but theres loads of different brands etc i play mostly rock 1970's stuff etc,im using at present a sony cdp-350 its ok but does not have a remote i need one after a few beers.so info on what would be a pretty good used cd player that plays cdr's as well

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 582
My stock answer would be to look for a Naim player. They are great with rock'n'roll since they major on pace, rhythm and timing so they suit your main choice of music very well indeed. unfortunately they're not particularly beer friendly since placing a disc in the tray requires you to replace a little magnetic puck to hold the disc in place. It's a feature of the design. The door opens manually. You lift the puck, place the disc in place and sit the puck onto it. If you think that you can do this when under the influence then it would be a great place to start.

Alternatively you could look at Rega to provide a lot of pizzazz, also being a company that majors on pace and rhythm. The players are all top loaders, but not as manual as the Naims. The entry lkevel Rega is the Planet. They also made the Jupiter/IO transport/DAC although the Jupiter has been a complete CD player in the last 3 years or so.

AFAIK, these players will all play CD-Rs but I'm not sure about CD-RWs. That would depend on model.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us