Yamaha v Pioneer

Username: Thompson16

Post Number: 1
Hi - trying to decide between a Yamaha HTR 5750 or a Pioneer VSX-D814K. Would be used 50% for music and 50% for TV/DVDs.

Any suggestions?

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
If i were you i would get the Pioneer VSX-1015TX-K for $499. It is a better deal than the two you mention.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 964
I'd ditch both Yamaha and Pioneer, and look into getting a refurb HK receiver from Harman Audio on eBay for whatever amount you're ready to pay for the first two. You get the full original manufacturer's warranty, which is rare for refurb items.

Ignore the watts per channel numbers, they're totally meaningless---the HKs will have much better sound especially for music.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1368
I'd avoid buying Hk receivers. It's no wonder they have so many 'refurbs' up for sale. They arent exactly known for their reliability.

Gvenk
Unregistered guest
They have 'refurbs' for sale because they have the logstics worked out to do so. And "refurbished" does not imply a failure.

Also says nothing about the failure rate of others where it is just thrown into the trash bin. Sometimes (and in the case of HK), the demand for refurbished units, the initial price and a generous return/repair policy is what makes the logistics worthwhile (e.g., Dyson vacuums for example do not fail any mor ethan other vacuums but you have a good secondary market for reconditioned Dysons).

Just so people aren't misled by uninformed opinions

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 974
Gvenk,

I commend you on continuing to counterbalance Paul's pathologically uninformed opinions on this forum.

Sheesh, it sure must keep you busy, though...I say we should all pitch in and pay you a salary! : )

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1385
If it were up to me, nobody would receiver a salary. Everyone should be on a pay for performance package:-) People would waste less time and be much more productive that way.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 935
And what do you do for a living Paul.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us