Receiver Sugestion

Username: Lzandona

Brazil

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody, i wonder if anyone could give me some advice about what receiver would be good for these speakers:

L/R : Infinity Primus 250
C : Infinity C25
SR/SL : Infinity Primus 150
SUB : PS-12

I was thinking about Pioneer VSX-915. But if necessary i could go for one of these:
Denon AVR-2805, Yamaha RX-V1500. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks !

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1475
Hidy Leonardo,

Of the three you listed, the latter two are obviously better quality, but they're also more expensive. I rate the Denon and yammi fairly even, but I give the slight edge to Yammi because of personal biases.

The pioneer is a nice entry level receiver class, but it's definitely not in the same class as the other models you listed.

If you stepped up into the Pioneer 'Elite' Series, then you'd be more on par with the 2805 and 1500 class of receivers.

Good luck....

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 1052
Leonardo,

If I were you I'd decide on a maximum budget, then go to Harman Audio on ebay and get the best HK receiver you can afford. These are refurbs but with full original HK warranty, which is very rare to get with refurbs.

Paul is right though about the Pioneer 915 being a notch or two beneath the others you listed.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 125
Leonardo,

Just because Edster talked me into new Ascends to go with my Denon 3803, I would tell you to go with the Denon 2805. I looked at the RX-V2500 Yamaha and Yamaha makes a great receiver also, BUT, I'm a Denon fan on quality, longevity and sound. FWIW - the HK is also a quality unit but I prefer the Denon.

Bronze Member
Username: Rikmeister

Hometown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 12
leonarado do you live in brazil cause that will rule out the good buys on ebay and ubid. i do not think they ship outside the usa. but i would look at a harman kardon or go with the denon.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us