Proline Acoustics PA 1200

Username: Pete1982

Post Number: 2
Hi all,

I noticed some of you talking about the "White Van Scam" on this board:

Two middle-aged white guys in a white van approach you in a parking lot and ask if you're interested in buying a pair of speakers at a discounted price. They show you official-looking documentation (work orders, etc.) and a laminated spec sheet stating the speakers' worth (approx. $2,995 USD) and you're supposed to fall for it.

This happened to me yesterday (June 21st, 2005) in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada in the Loblaws parking lot at the corner of Yonge St. and 16th Ave. They tried to sell me some sketchy speakers called "Proline Acoustics PA 1200".

I found out about this scam via the Internet (God bless the Internet...) While searching for Proline Acoustics' official homepage (to do a little research of my own so I could turn them over on Ebay,) I came across the ScamShield.com website, (you know something's shady when Scam Shield comes up on Google before Proline Acoustics.) And here I am now. Bummer, but I've learned my lesson.

SORRY, back to my original question:
Is there any way I can find ANY information on Proline Acoustics? There MUST be a manufacturer, or SOMETHING...unless these guys built these speakers from scratch, which I HIGHLY doubt. Please, please, please contact me with any info on Proline Acoustics or this scam in particular.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us