Kenwood vr509 reciever ?..please help

Username: Jayosa

Post Number: 9
can some1 give me advice on the kenwood vr509 reciever..is it any good..i was thinkin of buying a HK-135 reciever but i saw the kenwood at such a cheap price rite now $150.00 cdn dollars..i was wondering if this kenwood model would give good sound to my athena's..i currently have a sony str-de475 4 year old reciever..do u think the kenwood is better then the sony i have rite now or are the bothe in the same level ..do you think that kenwood is in the HK 135 level or is it in the sony level ..PLEASE HELP

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 214
Only your ears can determine if the Kenwood will sound good with the Athenas. Sorry the Kenwood and the Sony are not in the same league as the HK which is much better.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 849
I think that receiver is bundled with a $150 HTiB kit, so I'd say the h/k-135 is in another league.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Yes Peter I would put even the entry HK against the upper end of Kenwood and Sony.

Anonymous

Really?? A high end Kenwood Soverign line receiver versus a low end HK and the HK would win?

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
It would be nearly fair as their VAR and fuse ratings are close in number.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Also Kenwood, like Sony tends to fudge their power ratings. An HK or NAD is a high current design amplifier whereas the Kenwood, even Soverign line is not. This difference when heard through any speaker is readily apparent to both audiophiles and novices alike.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us