Speakers to PC

Username: Edwardz

Post Number: 1
Hello, i want to connect my sony cd player speakers to my PC. It uses red and black wires to connect to the actual cd player. What cables and adabtors do i need to connect them to my PC? Please help me

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 911
Not sure if it can be done, PCs have usually a single RCA output plug from the soundcard which can be plugged into a set of self-powered PC speakers that are connected using the same type of single RCA cable. You'd have to buy some sort of amp that has the usual speaker cable connections.

Better off just spending $40-140 on a cheap 2.0 or 2.1 computer speaker system.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 402
um edster, since when do sound cards have rca jacks? maybe they have mini-plug jacks and i hope thats what you meant. the sony cd speakers will sound like crap. just buy a cheap set of comp speakers. you can get some decent ones at places like best buy.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 915
yep that's exactly what I mean Christopher, excuse my bad terminology.

Actually a far better place to buy computer speakers at good prices would be online, especially newegg.com and amazon.com

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 403
no prob edster. i just want to make a clarification for liam. if i had to choice i would def buy off of the internet but i was a little desperate for something that made noise so i went to best buy. best 2.1 system i think is the altec lansing MX5021. but of course this is the wrong section for computer speakers.

Username: Edwardz

Post Number: 3
alrite nice one guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us