Speaker burn in

Bronze Member
Username: Lowfront

Post Number: 37
Getting my Fluance SV-6 speakers today...

just wondering if there is a proper way to break them in...

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 388
use matches

Bronze Member
Username: Dodgedifferent2

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
ignore Christopher, we have to do what we can afford. Your probably on a tight budget. I know i am

I am actually waiting for my order from Fluance as well. I am about to get the SX-HTB. I liked the SV-6, but I thought they would be too bulky for Surround speakers. Let me know how you likes them

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 4069

I normally just put the speakers on an amp with the tuner playing at low volumes and run the system 24/7. You can, if you prefer, hook the speakers out of phase to one another, place them face to face and throw a heavy blanket over the speakers. The out of phase connection cancels the deep bass. You must reverse the connection at one speaker to restore system phase when you go to listen.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1221
Yea, and dont forget to dance in place under the blanket for best results.

Wacko advice aside, just dont go blasting away for the first few days and you'll be fine. Those speakers probably dont have much of a break-in period, but I'd error on the side of caution.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 783
Running at low volumes with tuner playing may do it, but it's going to take a very long time. Tuner frequency is too limited. There are cds designed for this purpose.

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
so charlie, did you answer his question any better than i did? you would break the speakers in just like you would break any other item in. if you want to break a car in, you drive it around for a while. you want your shoes broken in you walk around in them. so i would assume that is really isnt that hard to guess that by playing music on you speakers for some time would break them in. i thought that was somewhat obvious. oh, and it is spelled you're not your. learn to spell in english charlie.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1272
LOL.....

I agree with chris. I wonder if soaking them in oil will help, ya know.....Like breaking in a baseball mit???

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
we finally agree on something!

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
i guess charlie ran with his tail between his legs.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 350
You're lot thee, Christopher Lee are you!!!!

If so can I please have your autograph please....
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
hahahahaha, that is pretty funny. no, we share the same name, but it would be cool to be a jedi master no?

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 351
yes it would be very cool, "you will buy this loudspeaker!"

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 806
Much to learn you both still have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1289
LOL........not to be a decapitated Jedi like above.

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
haha, if i had jedi powers i would be able to convice paul that bookshelf speakers are a worthy investment..haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
The Jedi 'above' tried to convince me to buy petite overpriced bookshelf speakers, and look how he turned out.

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 31
so i am attacked because i was stating that i was interested in what he had to say about the speakers?
As for me running away, I have better things to do with my time then to sit in front of a computer and make arguments in forums.

Have you ever typed something and accidently hit an extra key. Well that is what happens from time to time. If you did notice as well likes was also spelt wrong. Are you my English teacher?

Silver Member

Post Number: 398
no you were attacked because you tell me i am no help when you are even less help. if you dont have to time to be on a forum which is meant for argument and discussion, dont bother contributing. its pretty hard to misspell "you're" to "your" by missing keys, unless you have only like 2 fingers on each hand.

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 32
no it was as if you were telling him that his speakers were a piece of junk. Thats the way i interpreted it as

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
no thats not what i meant. i think this may be from a misunderstanding. my intention with the remark was to poke fun at how he seemed so worried about "burning in" his speakers so i tried at making a pun. if he thinks that they are the best thing that God has given this green earth, then maybe that interpretation would be more accurate, but i doubt it was his intention to make that implication. maybe i should have been less rash with my remark.

Silver Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 119
Just turn on your local POP station on medium volume and go to work in the morning...by the time you come home they'll be OK. Do it for a few days if you need to. After a week, you'll know if you need to send them back. Don't settle for something you don't like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us