Harman Kardon AVR 135 "Protect" Mode?

ineedcolor
Unregistered guest
Not a good day. Just took delivery of my new HK AVR135 and hooked it all up. I used my old speaker wire, which worked just fine with my Sony receiver. I fire up the HK and all of a sudden it's off again. The display shows "protect" mode and my L and R front speaker icons are flashing. After some research, I find that this may be caused by a short in my wiring or an incorrect hook up. My hook ups are fine so I assume that my wiring is bad. I go out and drop $40 for a spool of new wire. Hooked everything up again and same result. There are no strands of wire bridging any connections nor backwards (+/-/-/+) connections...

Did I buy a broken receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Vgtvidz

Post Number: 73
it happens all the time with my Yamaha receiver when I crank the volume too high, my speakers kill the receiver. What kind of speakers do you have?

ineedcolor
Unregistered guest
I have PSB Alpha RS/CLR series rated at 6 ohms. I returned the reciever today based on advice I received in other forums. I thought that the ohm rating may be the issue however other have reported using 6 or 4 ohm speakers without problem. I never did get to crank my speakers as the unit never got to be turned on long enough for me to even set it up...

ineedcolor
Unregistered guest
Update: Turns out the receiver was defective after all, the new one works flawlessly.

Cheers,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us