Help! Good movies/chapters to test my new sub?

Anonymous

I'm getting my HSU-STF1 this weekend and so excited hearing a little of bass for once.

There are probably loads, but can someone tell me which chapters/movies.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1246
I recommend that you choose one of your personal favorite action/adventure flicks and let that sub do it's thing by watching an entire movie.

Whether that movie is LOTR, Matrix, Terminator, Incredibles, etc..etc...etc.. doesnt really matter because they're all good and each movie has more than it's share of loud segments to get your chest pumping.

You'll quickly learn that you wont need to find specific scenes to immediately feel the difference. Pick something you really like, and it will be like experiencing the movie all over for the first time. Just pick something that you know that's chucked full of special effects, and you wont be disappointed.

have fun!!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 786
This should help.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#moviedemos

Congrats and enjoy your new sub!

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 431
#1 for sub extension movies:
Star Wars-Return of the Jedi (dvd)
Terminator 3
LOTR-Return of the King
Pearl Harbor (in DTS of course)
Saving Private Ryan

hundreds more but if I type them all this website will swallow my post like it always does when I type a bunch, nothing is more aggravating.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1265
Exactly Joe,

If he has common sense, he'll be able to easily pick the movies with killer efects to test his sub.

Walrus
Unregistered guest
you lame-os are leaving out THE best sub workout flick of the previous two centuries:

Rocco Live In Prague.

All that humpin and bumpin 'll wack yo sub like nutin else!

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 409
Upload
Home THX JBL playback for bass sub bass and LFE
Richter scale rating +10
Upload

Upload

"2010" six-track Dolby stereo with mono surrounds, chapter 10 Air-breaking, this will reach very high as much as 118dbC weighting.

"2010" six-track Dolby stereo with mono surrounds, Chapter 30 The Birth, KABOOM at 116dbC weighting.

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
Upload
Richter scale rating +10
Upload
Upload

"Top Gun," "I feel the need, the need for speed"
Upload

Watch the levels on this one Chapters 10 "Take me to bed" where the F-14 fire-up there after burners, KABOOM! Deep, deep, deep, low end from the three screen matching fronts and the L.F.E, so use caution on these levels in my home cinema can reach 116dbC weighting!
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 927
The link to the SVS list that I provided above is the most comprehensive sub test list that I have ever seen.

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#moviedemos

Just in case you missed it the first time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
Upload
Richter scale rating +10
Upload
Upload

"The Dream is Alive" will knock out some low end and using JBL professional 4645 THX approved sub bass in the home cinema arena slams right into me and the depth whoa, pressing on me as I'm going along with the G-force of a shuttle launch.
UploadUpload
With SPL reaching 110dbC weighting and down at 25Hz, use this DVD with, extreme caution.

Anonymous

Thanks everyone. And special thanks to Art for the link.

Like Paul mentioned, I didn't realized movies like the Matrix, and action flicks have loads of great chapters to test it out because I couldn't hear the bass before.

Movies are much more rewarding now.

Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us