Rear speakers for Great room?

Username: Hppygllmr

WA

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to figure out what to do for rear speakers for my 5.1 system. My living room, dining room and kitchen are all connected with NO WALLS separating them. If I am sitting in my couch, my TV is in front of me, the BIG kitchen is directly behind me and the small dining area is off to my left at a 45 degree angle from the couch. To the right of the couch is a sliding glass door to the patio. To further complicate things I have 2 puppies that like to chew. I am hesitant to have ANY wire exposed near the floor. Please help!! Suggestions???

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1210
C'mon Matt,
With a little creativity, anything is possible. First of all, you're talking about 'surrounds', and not rears. Rears are the speakers that make up the back channels in a 7.1 system. With that aside, you should figure something out.

Surrounds can be either wall mounted, or on stands of some kind. Wiring can be done any number of ways. Heck, my left surround has a 70ft run to keep hidden. It's amazing what can be done with a staplegun, or a screwdriver to hide wire. So long as the wire is stapled tight, or hidden, you wont have to worry about pets or the kiddies. I have both, and the doggy wasnt the problem. I've had to restaple, but it was the darn kiddies that were to blame.

Bronze Member
Username: Banyanleaf

Post Number: 33
Ceiling mount may be considered too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us