Ok, so i know bose is wickedly overpriced...

Username: Gred

Canada

Post Number: 1
i've been quoted a home theater system for $900 CDN (about $750 US) which includes:

Yamaha RX-V557 receiver
Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III speakers

if i bought this at best buy, i'd pay about $1500 CDN ($1250 US).

all i've heard about bose is that they're okay, but way overpriced. so given the deal i'm getting, should i go with the bose speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1220
Greg,
Only you can decide that. It looks like a good price, but Bose are terrible speakers. All you'd be doing is getting a good deal on crap.

My best advice is to avoid what you know is crap, regardless of price.

Good luck....

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 782
Greg, I agree with Paul. But you should try to listen to the speakers. If you like them, buy them. I wouldn't spend $1500 sound unheard. But it's your money.

Canada

Post Number: 2
well that's the thing... it wouldn't be $1500, it would be $900 CDN.

in any case, i was under the impression that bose wasn't crap, just way overpriced, and that if they weren't priced so ridiculously, they might be worth a shot.

i guess i'll ask my sound guy to swap in another set of speakers at or near the same price, then see what he comes up with.

thanks for the responses guys, i appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1227
Greg,
Dont buy the bose unless you can do A-B comparisons with other speaker brands. If they sound good to your ears compared to the other brands, then by all means buy the Bose. chances are that if you can compare against other speakers, the other brands will most likely win and Bose will be out.

Canada

Post Number: 3
will do for sure. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 857
Gred,

being in Canada I'm sure you can get a pair of Paradigm Titans for equal if not less money than Bose---and I guarantee you the Titans will put them to SHAME!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us