High Pass/Low Pass. Channels

Username: Boxes

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I would like to start of by saying hi to everyone and to let yall knwo i am new here and i am 5 minutes old. I hope to educate myself in the car audio world then pass my knowledge to others.

I was at the car audio shop wanting to put a system in my car, and he was tlaking about all of these htings i didnt undrstand i am just wondering if yall can help me make what he was saying make sense.

He was talking about high pass low pass, 3/4/5 channel amps. etc. As you can see i am very new can you guys help me?

Thank You!

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 47
click on the Car Audio tab above. Below the specific topics you'll see a link for Crutchfield's First Time Car Audio Buyer. It's a great starting point. After reading that you'll probably know more than the clerk at the store that sells the stuff. You'll definitely have more correct information.

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 48
Oh yeah, then start reading the discussions under the topics that were above that link. Try 'amplifiers' and 'speakers' first. Don't get snowed. Old fashioned stereo was 2 channel and powered by a 2 channel amplifier. So gues what 3 or 4 channel is? Adding another channel usually a bass or subwoofer channel to make 3 or in the case of surround sound (4 speakers) making 5 channels. The passes high or low are generally referring to where the sound will crossover to the bass or tweeter. But note how in the Crutchfield piece they point out a lack of industry standards.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us