Ascend CBM-170

Bronze Member
Username: Kinggimp82

Post Number: 18
im looking to replace some old rt400 polks. the mids are alright on the polks but the highs are down right harsh.

i just bought an hsu stf-2 sub. bass is great but im looking to add some quality mids/highs.

do any cbm-170 owners live near green bay wisconsin. id like to audition before i buy.

also do good bookshelves and a good sub perform like nice floorstanders? ive never owned a nice set of bookshelves.

any other input on the cbm-170 would help

Bronze Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 57
Andrew,

Ordered CBM-170s yesterday and I will be previewing them against several other speakers. I'll report when they're here but I'm no where near Green Bay BUT I like the Packers, although we'd trade you Holmgren for your head coach aboutg now.

Barnacle
Unregistered guest
Ask on the Ascend Forum- http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/index.php . You will reach more Ascend Acoustics owners that way.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 855
> also do good bookshelves and a good sub perform like nice floorstanders? ive never owned a nice set of bookshelves.

unless you have an EXCELLENT amp (and most receivers under $1000 don't fall in that category) good bookshelves should sound *BETTER* than floorstanders because they don't require nearly as much quality power.

You won't have to worry about harsh treble with the Ascends.

Bronze Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 66
Andrew,

Edster is the Ascend man so he can steer you right. My CBM-170s are shipping tomorrow and I'll give you some more information after they're here, set up and I've previewed them.

Edster gave me some great advice and I took it since I couldn't find a Ascend owner in Spokane. He suggested I order two CBM-170s, preview them and if I don't like them, ship them back and you're only out $25-$30 in return shipping.

Edster also assures me that they won't be going back and I suspect he's right BUT I'll give the Paradigms and BAs a fair shot, although the BAs will have to be substantially better, given their higher price points, i.e., 2 fronts and center for twice the price of 2 fronts, 2 rears and a 340C center from Ascend. Good luck on the hunt, Dave.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us