Any opinions on marantz sr7300ose?

Username: Greenears

Post Number: 1
just want to say, this message board rocks, moving on i just made the move to a high fi store after working in a crap big box devel. and i spotted a brand new albeit disco marantz reciever that i remembered good reviews on. Seeing now that i dont trust all those high profile reviews b/c of advertising conflicts just wonder if anybody owned one of these babies and if ose made a difference or not. i know marantz are quality, but i wanted to know if receivers have good headroom, inother words do they have the juice to run some inefficient 6ohm speakers nicely. have heard them on midrange priced paradigms. sounded good
this is my first hifi purchase and bear in mind that i will get this for a ridiculous price cause it's disco and i work there.

also can anyone direct me towards info site about what to listen for in speakers like warmth, colouration and such?

thanx again

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1978
I have the SR-7300 - not the OSE version but I've driven it every day for the past eighteen months without problem and find it very musical and great for HT. Except - driving inefficient 6 ohm speakers hard may lead to overheating which can be remedied by using a small low voltage computer fan to draw air out from the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us