Budget subs

budget sub seeker
Unregistered guest
i'm not a fanatic when it comes to sound quality. i do enjoy a good thump when it comes to movies, though, but i don't want to spend that much on a powered sub. i am not loyal to any particular brand, i have pioneer speakers, pioneer reciever and sony tv with a panasonic dvd changer. i had a jbl psw d110, but it bit the dust, so i was looking into the velodyne vx10 and the jbl e150p. my last sub lasted 6 years, and i enjoyed the feeling the rumble of the skulls falling in lotr, and the helicopter blades in black hawk down. so i don't mind getting another jbl. however, i also read that velodyne makes only subs, so they should be good at what they are doing, and maybe it's time for me to give someone else a try? anyone familiar with those 2 models and can vouch for them or of another brand that is similar to the under 200usd price? 150w, 10in powered is good enough for me.

thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 797
Someone here (Esdter?) had a JBL e150 and noticed a huge difference going to something else, SVS or Hsu.

Sorry, I'm not much help here. But don't buy the JBL just yet anyway!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 793
See if you can swing a Hsu STF1 it would be worth the difference.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 422
I have a BIC america 12" sub that kills the polk/jbl/velodyne versions as simular prices, it was about 250 lemme know if you can't find it or if even interested?

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1249
Im suprised Eddie hasnt been pushing the 10" Dayton sub as of yet in this thread. He subscribes to the 2:1(TV/Sub) ratio.

bud sub seeker
Unregistered guest
yeah, i've been perusing the sub forums and looked into the daytons. but it's only a 100w as opposed to the 2 that i listed as 150w. i mean, 50w does make a diff, right?

and this hsu and svs...is this the ecoustics forums or the svs/hsu forums? just kidding, everyone, i'm gonna check the pricing on it after i finish posting this.

thanks everyone

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1259
I own and recommend the SVS, but they arent listed in your stated price range, so I didnt mention them.
My SVS is a friggin beast!!
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/136710.jpg

bud sub seeker
Unregistered guest
500-600usd for svs/hsu subs?!! *faints*

a friend of mine got some speakers off of ebay...i guess i can see if i can snag a "slightly used" svs/hsu sub.

bud sub seeker
Unregistered guest
holy shhh paul, you managed to park your black daewoo in your living room? remember, it's for my home theatre, not for a ceniplex.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 798
The Hsu STF1 is far less than the price you have stated. And trust me this ain't an SVS, Hsu forum as I just sent an SVS back to manufacturer a couple of weeks ago. As you said bud It was like parking the SUV(oh you said Daewoo) in the living room.

http://www.hsustore.com/stf1.html

$314 delivered.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 810
is this the ecoustics forums or the svs/hsu forums?

It's the SVS/Hsu forum...

:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us