Need some advice. Boston Acoustics v. Paradigm

Username: Mvansb23

Post Number: 1
I am setting up a new home theatre system. But of primary concern is audio listening in 2 channel and SACD/DVD-A. I listen to just about everything...but jazz is what i care about hearing at its best.

I have 2 SVS PC ultras for subs so bass is more than taken care of. Everything else I had was sold and I am starting over.

I am considering the Boston Acoustics VR-M90s or the paradigm studio 100 V3s (with matching stuff for center/surround).

I am interested in anyone who has experience with BOTH products.

For my processing/amplification I am considering the Pioneer Elite59TXI vs. the Denon 5803. And for DVD/SACD I am considering the Pioneer Elite 59 vs. the denon 3910.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. if you think you have something of better quality at a similar price point suggestions are welcome.

oh yeah...i know some snobs out there might not think the denon 5803 or pioneer elite 59 will do justice to nice speakers. but anyone with actual experience with this who can provide thoughts would be welcome. if you don't think either of these 2 will do justice please suggest something (amp and pre amp) in the 3k to 5k range that can power a 7.1 system and have similar processing capabilities to the above receivers.

Username: Mvansb23

Post Number: 2
i have listened to both..but in seperate locations making the comparison very hard..

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 753
Northwest Audio Labs near where I live sells both. From my expereince I prefer Paradigm (obviously that is what I bought). NWAL's proprietor tells me that he sells considerably more Paradigm Reference gear and prefers the sound himself over the BA's. However he stated that he has an occasional customer who likes the BA's better. Both the NAD and Rotel pre/pro - amp combos would blow away the Denon or Pioneer, especially for your application, with your preference for music. I too love well reproduced jazz and would go with seperates for the money you have to spend. I would also consider the pre owned market at Audiogon. Great deals can be had on nearly new gear. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us