Simple Connection Problem?

Anonymous

I just moved and I am setting up my system again. I have a digital cable box, 36 in Sharp TV (2 sets of analog connections and 1 s-video)
Kenwood Kf-309 receiver and JVC DVD palyer)I have the DVD hooked up perfect. I cannot hook up my TV through the receiver to hear what I am watching. I thought it would be simple running the RCA cables in the audio out of the TV to one of the video or monitor audio in connections on the reciever, but no luck none of them work...Please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 15
Try cabling from the audio-out on the cable box to the audio-in on the receiver and then from the audio-out on the receiver to the audio-in on the TV (assuming you're using the speakers on the TV and not a separate speaker system).

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply,

I am using a seperate speaker system...should i still try your way?
I had it set up at my previous apt with it running through a VCR and no digital cable, but now there is no VCR.

Bronze Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 16
Try only the first half of what I suggested. Connect the audio-out from the cable box to the audio-in on the receiver. And forget the audio cable from the receiver to the TV. If the speakers are wired to the receiver, you should be good to go. Good luck!

Anonymous

Thanks...I did try that. There is no TV label on the back of my recevier, just vid 1-3 cd and Phono, there are 2 monitor conections. None of them worked though. If you think of anything else please let me know. Thanks Alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us