Benefits of an ENCLOSED subwoofer

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1122
Funny, but true story...

Last night I was watching "Pitch Black" with my three year old. He had gotten ahold of one of my Racquetballs and was tossing it around the room so I tried to take it from him. I reached out to take it from his hand as he was standing next to my subwoofer, and in the flash of an instant, he 'chucked' it into one of the ports and it fell inside all the way to the back before I could grab the ball.

Luckily, I could see it in the bottom. There were 4 screws on the port faceplate, so I figured....no problem. I'll remove the screws and remove the port, and pull the ball out.

Nope....the port is obviously held in by much, much more than the four screws and I couldnt reach my arm in far enough to reach the ball. My 8 year old daughter tried to help, but her arm was too short to reach. Finally, I took a sweeper hose and put one of those long extensions on it and the suction picked it right up.

HEH......

He got a quick lesson on the do's and donts around my sub and was sent up to his room after the lesson. So now....I can think of one more benefit of having an enclosed Sub.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 360
next he'll take a sh!t in there

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 87
Nice shot kid. I see potential

Gold Member

Post Number: 1123
Yep,

This is the culprit standing next to the sub. Of course, he wasnt smiling like this last night when I was finished with him.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/136710.jpg

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 88
If you are telling me that you came down on your son for being 3 yrs old around some stereo furniture with you leaving a ball laying around then oooooooh mama, y'all gotta get a grip there daddy-o.

Tou are potentially looking like a pric here paul.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1124
Yes, it was pretty damn funny, and that was the intent of the origional post, and just because it was funny, doesnt mean that he shouldnt learn a lesson from what happened too.

Unlike some parents, I dont let my children to run around like wild animals tearing up the place. For him, it was a lesson learned, and he'll probably not be throwing more balls into my sub anytime in the forseeable future. It's amazing what children will learn if only the parents are willing to teach. He's a smart boy, and learns from his mistakes. It's more than I can say for a few 'grownups' that I know.

Yes, he's allowed to play and have fun, but certain behavior is unacceptable regardless of age, and Im willing to teach and mold him when the time comes that he crosses that line of acceptability.
IE....coloring on walls, playing with breakables, playing with HT components...etc etc, etc, etc. Children need boundaries, and any good parent should take it upon themselves to set those boundaries and expect their children to behave accordingly.

Was it funny??......Heck yes, but he knows not to do that again. In fact tonight, I let him look into the port as I shined a flashlight inside. I asked him what that was, and he said "That's a no no daddy". After offering praise and affection because he remembered, I reexplained that it wasnt a toy, and that he doesnt touch.........he understood.

another lesson learned, and yes....he's only 3.

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 241
Yes indeed, certain behavior is unacceptable regardless of age. Calling people various expletives for having opposing views for example would constitute unacceptable behavior in most places, including this forum.

Perhaps someday you will learn this lesson.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 256
Strike? Home run!!!

Too bad he missed the cone, that would be funny...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1127
If thats the case, then I challenge you to find one example where I directly called someone an 'expletive' on this board.

When you find the example of me directing an expletive towards an individual on these boards, feel free to paste the link.

Good luck......

While it's true that I enjoy calling out the stupid behavior of the DUMBocrats in Washingtion, I doubt you'll find what you seek.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 696
Sorry Paul but you asked.

"stupid pieces of sh!t like Munz make me sick..... "

Last night on the "Movies of the Night" thread.

Silver Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 242
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=1&post=346497#POST346497

I think calling me a stupid piece of sh!t qualifies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1128
Ah yes.......true.

I stand corrected.
I guess if the shoe fits....

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 259
Are you taking to me, are you taking to me, are you talking to me!

Silver Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 243
Ahh I love the smell of hypocracy in the morning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us