Ordered a hsu stf-2 today

Bronze Member
Username: Kinggimp82

Post Number: 12
ordered a hsu stf-2 today. im ordering off reviews alone. ill let all know how it sounds. woohoo

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 636
:-)

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1018
enjoy....

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 569
I'm betting it'll sound great andrew. Congrats!

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 638
Good for you, Andrew! I hope to add an STF-3 in a few months, after my wife has fully recovered from my recent purchase of NAD separates...LOL

would also like to hear a detailed report when yours comes in.

Bronze Member
Username: Vgtvidz

Post Number: 56
Lucky, you are! cant wait to have the money to buy my STF3, hopefully Edster922 will get it before me and I'll be able to read a nice review ;)

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 473
I've been on the B-stock waiting list for a STF-2, (smallish listening room with low - 7ft ceiling), for about 8 or 9 weeks. I sent an e-mail to HSU asking where I stood on the wait-list. They quickly answered, saying they had just gotten a bunch in stock and gave a phone number to call if I was still interested. Bottom line: my new STF-2 is sceduled to arrive Monday - $344 deliverd to my door. Can't wait.

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
$344 shipped for an STF-2...shweeet! tell us all about it when it comes in.

Bronze Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 71
My STF-2 was left at my door. We live on the 8th floor with an elevator, but it was so heavy the dude didn't want to bring it back the next day LOL.

Very happy with it. Though I am still tinkering with the whole system 4 days later

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
just got my stf-2 today. tried it out with acdc live in donnington n it was amsome. movie test is next. no more punchy boomy bass from my old jbl e150p. the sound is deep/powerfull. im quite happy

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1113
The landing on Omaha beach will make a good test.(Saving Private Ryan)

Actually, just about any 'newer' action or scifi flick will do.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 669
Outstanding Andrew!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
May I also recommend Mercury Falling from Sting. I am thoroughly enjoying it right now with my STF-2. The Hounds of Winter (first song) and La Belle Dame sans Regrets are literally going through my body right now (the song of course and not the La Belle Dame) :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
Andrew,

how big is your room? Mine's probably 4000 cubic feet, and I am trying to decide between the STF-2 and STF-3.

Like you am also plagued by a POS e150.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 707
Under 3000 cubic feet here with an STF-3, but it might be overkill. I'd like to know the answer too!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
not sure exactly how big it is. but with a 4000 cubic ft room id probably go with the stf-3. the stf-2 is real nice but the added power would do a much better job for that sized room. my room is maybe 2000 cubic feet tops.

all i know is im glad im rid of my e150. i never understood what tight bass was but now i do and i love what im hearing.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 723
Thanks Andrew! Good to know...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
I don't know what you guys are used to, but my STF-2 is doing just fine in my living room which is 25x20x10 with the volume setting at less than half and the crossover at 90.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
hey stof

u think i have to crossover set to low? i have it at 60 but will try it at 90. also my carpet is very thin, basically carpet on concrete. would a throw rug underneath make it sound better. also is there a break in period.

Silver Member

Post Number: 777
well I just remeasured my room: it's a total of 31' x 21' x 17' (cathedral ceiling), guesstimating around 5000 cubic feet. I'll post the diagram in a separate thread asking for placement and treatment advice.

Dr. Hsu recommended the STF-3, just wanted to get other thoughts.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 689
Good lord Edtser your listening room is bigger than my poor little house! It doesn't pay to be a social worker (especially one addicted to this shi!). Personally I think you should get 2 SV Subs, that will shrink your room by 3000 cubic feet.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 735
Edster, that is a huge room. The STF-3 may not even be enough!

Silver Member

Post Number: 796
Er guys, that's 3000 CUBIC feet.

Square feet = 651.

The whole house is just around 1500 square feet...very modest I think.

You'll be less impressed when you see the diagram. That number includes a breakfast area, kitchen, hallway and stairwell...it's all one continuous space though which makes for an accoustic nightmare.

I get two subs, I spend the next 6 months talking to my wife's attorney! LOL

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 737
No Edster, my basement room is 11'x33'x8' (guessing on the 8') so yours is four times the volume...

or 11000 cubic feet!

Or is that 17' not everywhere? It's still more than 3000...

Silver Member

Post Number: 806
The 17' is only in the very middle of the room, it slopes down to about 8' on each side. So I guesstimated 31*21*8=5208. Sorry, my high school geometry is pretty rusty...

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 479
Andrew Keller,

quote:

also my carpet is very thin, basically carpet on concrete. would a throw rug underneath make it sound better. also is there a break in period.

From the Setup FAQ at the HSU website:

Q: Do HSU subwoofers require a break in period?
A: Give the subwoofer a few days to break in and reach its optimal sound. For example, 2-3 movies at a normal listening level will help. Remember to use material with bass, and remember that proper room placement and calibration of the volume are also critical factors in determining the subwoofer's sound.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us