Help Choosing a Receiver

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 50
I'm looking for a new receiver for around $500. I have a 5.1 surround sound set up with Polk audio peakers and speakers in my back yard. I'm looking for a receiver that can do that second zone. I've narrowed it down to two (but I'm open to any suggestions if you don't like the two I've listed):

Harman Kardon AVR 335 or Denon AVR 2105

Do you have a brand preference? Would one work better with Polk speakers than the other? If you had $500 to drop on a reciever and needed the second zone feature, which one would you buy?

thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Jimvm

Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 74
Both are nice receivers at their price point. Asking for opinions on which to buy is, for the most part, getting fans of each to weigh in -- and each does have their fans. Assuming they both have sufficient power, features and connectivity to suit you, spend some time with each of them and decide based on aesthetics and ergonomics. In other words, which strikes your fancy and which do you feel most comfortable with.

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
This is just my opinion, but it seems like Denon has really gone mass-market on their models below the 380x series over the last couple of years.

ZiggyZoggyOiOiOi
Unregistered guest
This is just my opinion, but it seems like Denon has really gone mass-market on their models below the 380x series over the last couple of years.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 820
get the best HK receiver that $500 can buy you from Harman Direct on eBay with original warranty. Might land you a 430 or even 630.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us