Bad or missing lyra sys folder

Username: Lyrasupport

Post Number: 1
I have a RCA Lyra 1080. When I power it up it gives me the following message then powers down. (bad or missing lyra sys folder). I have replaced the batteries, loaded new drivers, and when running the Lyra Personal audio player update utility I get the following message (the internal memory of the device must be active for the device to be properly detected and updated) HELP!

Username: Drknob

I'm getting the same message. anybody?

Username: Drknob

Post Number: 4
Found the replacement driver on the site...
www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD1080

I formatted the drive when I first used it.
Cheers,
Aidan

Unregistered guest
I have the Lyra 1090, and I've downloaded the new drivers, followed the directions through MusicMatch, everything else under the sun... and I still get "Bad or missing lyra_sys foler" I'm at a loss of what else I can do... Any ideas?

Post Number: 2
I am having the same results as John. Aidan mentioned that they formatted the drive and was able to fix it. Do you know how to format the drive?

Post Number: 3
Formatting fixed my problem. If you need assistance here is the information I got from RCA customer support.

format drive:

connect lyra to computer
go to my computer
right click on selected drive
select full format

once complete
upload two songs
then update drivers

RCA customer support can be reached at 1-580-634-0115 Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. EST, email contactus@rca.com

Good Luck!
Art

Unregistered guest
Hey, I am having the same problem with my RcA lyra .Im gettin the (bad or missing lyra_sys folder) message aswell and I tried re-formating it and still nothing will work i was woundering if someone could let me know how to update the drivers?
Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I'm having the same problem, but the update utility is failing, saying that the firmware might be corrupt (which it probably is). Is there any way to flash the drive?

shiby
Unregistered guest
Thankx a bunch art miller and aidan crawford. i followed both your directions and it worked. thanks a lot

Unregistered guest
I have the lyra 2840, and I am getting the same error. I have tried everything here, but it still doesnt work. format, system file upgrade, update system files, profile device. it still is broke.

Anonymous

A friend of mine had this problem and solved it.

Right click the "e:" (removable) drive in "my computer"
Format.
(re) Install the Drivers CD
Gone to "Start > Lyra System > model# > Update"

Bye!

Username: Tump

I have spent a couple of days with this problem, but may have found a fix. I reformatted the drive many times, left the battery off overnight, even changed the hard drive! Always the same - "Bad or corrupt sys files". In desperation, I got out my old laptop running Win98SE and downloaded the system tray and latest firmware onto that. I then formatted the drive again and reinstalled the sys files. Bingo!!! Quite how you explain that, I don't know, but worth trying! Perhaps XP is not all it seems to be, in the eyes of RCA anyway.

Anonymous

I have the same message, but im a technological idiot, anybody have a fix that works, the formatting didnt for me

Anonymous

Ah, but did you format the Lyra using a PC running XP or Win98? As per my previous post, I found that all was fine under Win98, but failed under an XP format.

Anonymous

I still dont understand, i had this problome since januray. It happened accidently when it went throught the laundry, but its ok, I asked workers at Best Buy, and they said to get a cord and do stuff. I did and nothing happened, what should i do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us