Help with Onkyo TX-SR602; Left surround speaker too loud in Dolby & DTS

tom+the+bomb
Unregistered guest
I just got my new Onkyo TX-SR602 in the mail today. I hooked it up with three front speakers and two rear speakers (no subwoofer). I have my DVD player and my XBOX going to the unit via digital optical cables.

If I use the "Direct" setting, everything works fine. However, if I choose to use Dolby Digital encoding or DTS encoding, the left surround speaker gets ridiculously loud, while the other speakers stay at relatively the same volume. I don't just mean a little louder than the rest, I mean snap your head back loud.

I tried switching speakers, I tried switching speaker cable, and I tried switching back and forth from Dolby to DTS (on Blade II), and I tried switching from the DVD player to the XBOX, but these variable changes do not solve the problem. Please help!!

Unregistered guest
I am having a problem connecting my sky and av receiver via an optical cable. I can see that the cable must be lined up in one position. I have lined up the dot on the cable (to the top)but still don't seem able to get a good connection. Am I just not pushing it hard enough. Am afraid of damaging the cable.

Unregistered guest
I am having a problem connecting my sky and av receiver via an optical cable. I can see that the cable must be lined up in one position. I have lined up the dot on the cable (to the top)but still don't seem able to get a good connection. Am I just not pushing it hard enough. Am afraid of damaging the cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us