Archive through June 02, 2005

Username: Colinjubb

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 5
Hi Mike and Susan
I've done a couple of tests with my machine. I've given it update discs burned using several different methods on CDRW. I've tried mutlisession - disc at once - track at once and non multiseesion. I've tried burning using Nero and with the Windows XP built in disc burning. The machine spotted every one as an update disc OK.
I'm afraid it sounds like your machines have extra faults and don't recognise update discs at all.
Back to the shop I'd say.

Sorry

Colin

Ludmilka
Unregistered guest
I just bought Bush DVHRS02 and was very happily trying to record film from TV on to DVD-RW
1-2xSPEED REWRITABLE Ver1.1 with CPRM (MAXELL)from Argos and then spent the rest of the evening....very unhappily trying to work out why DVD recorder says "NO DISK" ????
Could anywone help please? What disk this fussy machine requires? I read this forum and saw many unhappy comments and something about upgrade. Does it solve a problem with that machine or is the best option to take it back and get better make? I am a novice in that kind of technology and would appresiate any help
Thank you in advance

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 6
Hi Ludmilka
I'm afraid you've made the same mistake as Alfie at the top of this thread. The Bush DVHRS02 records onto DVD+RW and DVD+R discs, not minus discs. Depending on when and where you bought the machine you may unfortunately still need to get a firmware update to fix some of the faults mentioned above.

Cheers

Colin

Username: Bushsuckerman

Post Number: 2
To Colin

Thanks for your trouble i will have to consider my options suppose i can just use CDRW but their a bit dearer...Ho Hum

REGARDS

Mike

Ludmilka
Unregistered guest
Thank you Colin
Does it make any difference what maker/brand of the disks or any other characteristics apart from the plus?

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 7
Hi Ludmilka
well it shouldn't matter which brand you use but in reality some may be better than others. I can only tell you that I've used Imation. Ricoh and PCWorld (PCLine) DVD+RW discs. All have worked equally OK ( allowing for the other problems of using this Bush machine). I haven't done much recording to DVD+R discs. Strangely these seem to be more problematic than the DVD+RW discs. Have a look at the comments above.
The PCLine discs were actually very cheap at the time I bought them( roughly £16 a spindle of 25 I think).
Generally, discs are rated at different speeds but you don't need to go for the fastest for these DVD recorders.
Try to get hold of just a couple of cheap single discs first ( ie don't splash out on 25 to start with) and see how it goes. I don't think you should find much problem just recording to them. The problems with the DVD+RWs comes when you do some editing. Then you may find you want to try one of the firmware updates available here.

Cheers

Colin

Ludmilka
Unregistered guest
Thank you for your help, Colin

Post Number: 3
Just thought i would update you on recent events, I e-mailed Bush and surprisingly got a swift reply with the firmware update i eagerly inserted it in my machine and wonders upon wonders it recognised the disk and loaded the update the update was succesful and i powered off the machine. However i cant record on either format now !!! DVD+R or DVD+RW it keeps freezing etc etc i have included my subsequent e-mail to Bush which is self explanitory and i will let you know what happens, I now have a very expensive DVD/Video Combo !!!!!!

Hello

Thankyou for your speedy response, however the machine is now in a worse
state than it was ? I copied the file to cd and the on screen stated it was
updating and update was succesful i then powered off the machine as
instructed.

When trying to copy to DVD+R and it is updating the disk i get message
"MEDIA APPEARS DEFECTIVE" recording aborted ? Then it shows the disk as
empty.I have tried several disks of two different brands.

Now i cant record to dvd+RW when i try to play back the recording the screen
goes black and everything freezes the hand control wont work pushing buttons
does not work i have to then power off ?? Then it tells me the disk is empty
but when i try to record it states the disk needs to be erased before use
even though it just told me it was empty !

I have also seen system error appear on the screen ?

I am at my wits end over this and do not expect so many problems with a new
machine any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Mike (Bush-Sucker-Man)

Bronze Member
Username: Mutant

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 11
I really do think that we ought to get together and submit a case to Bush to either make a formal announcment to recacall the item or at least forward to us users a written statement which we can use to exchange the machine back to the outlets with no arguments. Failing this we should attempt to draft a letter to watchdog or trading standards. Any legal eagles out there willing to take the task on. Or does everyone think it would amount to nought.

Post Number: 4
What amazes me is the number of people on this web site with similar problems that means there are hundreds of people out there who dont use forums who are probably having the same problems. Bush must be totally aware they have issued a duff product but continue to hide behind firmware updates etc instead of giving us our money back, stupidly i paid cash for mine as there must be some recourse if you paid by credit card. I have also every receipt for every minor product i have bought(my wife thinks i'm an idiot) but the receipt is no where to be found i suspect argos did not put it in the bag so i'm f***ed.Maybe Argos new i was going to return it so they hid the receipt ??? Its sods law that several people seem to have had their problems resolved with the firmware but mine are worse !!!!

It seems to me that this country is shafting the consumer from all angles. I shall be contacting Which magazine for their thoughts but no doubt they have already reviewed this product and told everyone its a pile of **** We are the only ones who didnt read that edition.

Anonymous

On my second machine. First one returned to Argos within 2 days due to it freezing.Current m/c wont record DVD+R.Contacted Bush c/s, they are sending a cure all disc(yeah right). Just a thought, but considering how many discs we have all wasted,why don't we e-mail "GEORGE DUBYA" and tell him we have found his WMD.Furthermore , it's named after him!!!! I am losing the plot with this thing. Going for a lie down in a dark room..........

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 8
Mike - this is maybe a long shot but now that your machine has a different firmware on it, it may recognise one of the other update discs. You've nothing to lose!!

On the subject of machine recalls I've already said to Bush in my emails I thought that they should recall the machines or replace all with working ones. I have had no comment from them though. ( Surprise)
Even if the update discs worked that would still leave the timer problems which cannot be fixed with an update - this is only fixable by replacing a chip which contains the Micom software ( according to PVRUK on the digitalspy forum who is actually Daewoo Electronics U.K. Sales Coordinator. Daewoo appear to make these machines)

Mike and Reggie - if you want to contact Which I'll chip in. I'll provide any correspondence I've had with Bush you want. Unfortunately I gave up my membership with Which just a few months ago. I don't know if there is any mileage in approaching anyone else like Trading Standards or Watchdog. I may look into it too. I'm a bit wary of Watchdog though - Nicky Campbell and that woman are a bit naff really.
I must also admit I'm getting more than wee bit fed up with all this but I hate seeing Bush (or Daewoo or both) getting away with this mess. It's not the worst crime in the world but they still shouldn't be able to treat customers this way.
Cheers

Colin

Colin- Had the same thought and tried to load but alas no response, the file they sent me was just entitled DMN_xx.CUB and was 1,882 KB wheras the other file was 1,772 KB i dont know if this means anything but i presume the file they sent me was newer although i havent seen it mentioned on this site. Perhaps you could let me know if the following is as it should be, when loading the disk it starts by saying "erasing" and then changes to "loading", i presumed this was deleting the old firmware and then reloading the new.It is so frustrating to at first thinking its loading terrific!!only to find it buggers up your machine even more? I think i will just record videos that seems to work ok at least and use my disks for target practice. Thanks for your help

Regards Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Mutant

BedfordEngland

Post Number: 12
still no anser from bush even though I sent the following email to them ;

To whom it may concern.

I have finally reached the end of my patience. I am well informed that the machine in question is having more than its fair share of problems. I have constantly been on the phone to your department but have never got through. I also emailed bush direct for assistance but they have not had the couertosy to reply. The associated problems with the dvhrso2 I know for a fact you are aware of. I have sort advice from quite a few forums on the internet. But have been bombarded with emails concerning the lack of response from your department. The problems with the machine are many and it is about time that Bush took their heads out of the sand and addressed these problems. At least announce a recall of these machines. They are prooving to be more trouble then they are worth. I have collated a numerours amount of replies from the forum and will be drafting a letter of complaint to trading standards if a reply is not forthcoming. I also understand that there is a firmware product which you have been supplying to customers to rectify the problems but this is also of no use to most of the machine users.

I await your reply

I am still awaiting a reply from your customer care advisors regarding the above email sent to you. You are probably aware that a substantial amount of information has been gathered regarding the failing product you have marketed. And a number of us will be contacting consumer watchdog if Bush do not rectify this problem.

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 9
Reggie - That sounds great. I sent them a copy of this forum thread plus my thread on digitalspy and asked for a response again.

Mike - It sounds like the update process went as it should have. Unfortunately the firmware was obviously no use whatsoever. It sounds like it is the same one they sent me and others on the forum. It doesn't work!

Colin

AllanM
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all the advise. Will not now be buying a Bush DVRHS02 Recordable DVD Player and VCR Combi

Username: Marlene

Edinburgh, Peeblesshire Scotland

Post Number: 1
Hi, I've just bought the Bush DVRHS02 and cannot connect it to either my TV or TV and digibox. Any suggestions. (TV only has 1 scart connector). After reading all the posting - should I take it back? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
z28 et al,

I have picked up the firmware upgrade posted by Graham Collie, but I want to try the 2.6.8 version. Can you send it to me? my email is fearnleyp@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!

Username: Tupelo

Manchester, Gtr/Mcr Uk

Can anyone please email me the DVHRS02 firmware update? Bush are a waste of space also does anyone know how to adjust the colour output for this model? dylan@memphis.me.uk
Thanks in anticipation
Dylan

Post Number: 6
Hi to all,

Just to rub salt in the wound i got a bleedin electric shock from the outer casing on mine so beware !!! It may just be my machine but just in case keep the kids away from it. It wasnt a serious shock but enough to make me jump !! If i didnt know better i would say my machine has a mind of its own so i am just off to give it to someone i really dislike !!!

Fed-Up Already
Unregistered guest
Hi All,
Just bought one of these tonight from Argos - Unfortunately, only found this forum afterwards. It will be going straight back in the morning, as I didn't even get to the stage of any firmware problems you all describe. Just out of curiosity - Has anyone experienced this major problem, or have any ideas ? (other than the obvious)
1. Plugged in to TV via Freeview Box - All scarts, RGB connections and AV controls seemed to be working fine. (Initial DVRHS02 screen OK)
2. Machine goes into auto-install - Fine on screen and m/c led panel.
3. Suddenly, on 2nd/3rd Menu - Red Record light starts going crazy, all power goes down, comes back up, then down again.
4. Tried "rebooting" for want of a better term. i.e. removed plug from mains, waited then power in again.
5. Starts as per 2. again, but this time doesn`t even reach 3. In addition, pressing standby on mc or remote does nothing, although enter seems to send some sort of a signal. All the time, red light flashing intermittently, cannot even open DVD drawer via button or remote.
It sounds like some motor is trying to start up then failing, possibly dvd or video - Can't tell.
Finally, I`ve left it off for half an hour, then started up again - It tries to start but now blue led panel says Loch (sic) :-(
7. That's it - stuck there, (although the pathetic flashing record light is occasionally blinking like a Xmas tree light on acid !
8. Now totally fed up. Packing it all back in Box - and Good Morning Argos from a very frustrated and un-satisfied customer'
Hopefully, my experience might help any class action you might all get together on :-)
Kenny Fed-Up

Username: Cujo

1 bought one of these m/c's at xmas,this is my particular tale of woe.

1. Returned m/c to Argos the day after boxing day due to it constantly "freezing".Given a replacement.
2.All was well until I tried to record onto a DVD +R for the first time (about ten days ago)After recording was stopped ,an error message appeared on screen "Media appears defective".I ejected and reloaded to be presented with "Disc empty" message.Despite using three different manufacturers disc's the same happened.
3.Went on the net to see if anyone else was having similar problems,and found this forum.I couldn't believe how many people were experiencing the same nightmare as me.
4.I downloaded (several times)the z28 upgrade onto cd+r/cd+rw but the m/c just wouldn't recognise it.
5.As mentioned by Colin Jubb I e-mailed Eddy Tosney@Alba and requested a fix for all of the faults.
6.Received a cd this morning,together with copliments slip saying this would fix editing fault(not what I asked for)also enclosed was an SAE to return to Mr Tosney.
7.Loaded cd into m/c followed insructions and rebooted.Loaded a DVD+R and began recording.Guess what?Absolutley no difference whatsoever.
8.Unplugged m/c packed it back into the box and returned to Argos.Asked for and was given full refund £199.
9. Purchased the LG:RC68227 (an additional £79)I have had the new m/c for 8 hours and have tried,and have been successful in recording onto DVD+R,+RW,-R, and -rw. so far so good.
10.I will post if or when I encounter any problems.
11.I expect many people already have the postal address of Mr Tosney @ customer services but for those who haven't it is.

Eddy Tosney
Alba PLC
14-16 Thames Road
Barking,Essex
IG11 OHX.

Username: Jowarren

i have recorded from the tv to a dvd re writable +, no problem there but i cant seem to record on a dvd+r!

silkymay
Unregistered guest
Hi can someone please email me the firmware upgrade for the Bush DVHRS 02. A relative of mine has been trying to figure this machine out since christmas, if only i had found this forum sooner.

Email addy: silkymay95@hotmail.com
Thanks

Emsklyn
Unregistered guest
Give up on it. Tried the upgrade from Colin but nothing happened(thanks for trying) Amazingly I had areply from Bush who didn't know what the problem was as I've had different things to you lot. They sent the one size fits all upgrade, which didn't. But it did add another new little feature of the DVD pausing every 2 and a half minutes. The next day it went back to the shop. Any suggestions on a DVD/VCR combi that actually works? I await with bated breath.

Username: Tms

please could someone send me or let me know where I can get the firmware download

email me on terry.sullivan1@virgin.net
cheers

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 10
Terry,
have a look at Glen Collie's post about 3/4 way down thread.

Username: Tms

many thanks Colin I now have the firmware downloaded

Has anyone found a multi region hack for the machine ?

Conn, Dublin, Ireland
Unregistered guest
Thanks to all and especially Z28! Found this forum after I bought but BEFORE I unpacked my Bush DVD Recorder / VHS. Back to the shop I go... REFUND TIME!
I sepnt ages reading all the postings and found I was Bushed at the end of it. Will happily pay a couple of Euro more for a working model.

jg007
Unregistered guest
Snap, yet another bush customer with multiple problems :-(, I am now waiting for my second firmware update CD to see if it works as neither the first one or the one that E tosney emailed me worked. I am getting realy sick of this expensive VCR/dvd player!. (and that's without all the time + phone calls made!)

My problems include:-
editing problems
recording only 2 seconds of programs
breaking/freezing up picture halfway thru film!!

And of course waiting for ever for bush to answer the helpline! (sorry eddie :-) but try 02085945533! this will get u straight thru to Alba)

Piscatorial
Unregistered guest
Took this machine back to the shop.Can anyone recommend a DVD-VCR recorder combi thats reliable.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3314

Piscatorial? As in Erwin?

Piscatorial
Unregistered guest
Erwin?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3319

Erwin Piscator, A collaborator with Bertold Bretch. I thought you might be a student of the arts.

Username: Petermore

Hi Everyone
Have just bought a "factory reconditioned" BUSH DVRHS02. Had I read this forum before purchase I might have refrained from doing so.
I have two immediate problems. Firstly, after switching on there is no display on TV- the VCR/DVD shows "Install". After a bit the machine searches and install the 5 home TV progs in any random order and these are then viewable on TV screen - but because I have no access to the setting up procedure I cannot control preferences etc.

Secondly, when endeavouring to play either videos or DVDs I can hear sound through TV speakers but again have no pictures.

Grateful for help from anybody to overcome these problems. Thanks.

mphigham
Unregistered guest
Hi Folks.
I ordered the machine an hour ago and after reading on this forum I have just cancelled my order. Thanks to you all. I have now ordered a Toshiba DVR3 which has a good write up.
ps. Thank god for forums like these.
Martin.

Unregistered guest
could someone please send me the firmware for bush dvrhso2 i am having the same problems as everyone else many thanx dave.
my email address is DaveAusters@hotmail.com

Steve mccleave
Unregistered guest
Hello, There seems to be another problem with this machine, I have a tv with no scart connections, The aerial out connection has no signal from the machine to the tv apart from the aerial loop, If I put a video or dvd and press play, the tv cannot find the signal, ( I have auto searched in this mode ), the signal is not present at the aerial output, So you have to have a scart input from the machine to the tv. Has anyone else noticed this problem, or is it a fault on my machine, Please help.
Steve Mccl

Post Number: 7
Hi

Just to let you know what has happened to me since my last post.
I took a chance and went back to Argos and asked if they would change the machine as it was faulty but i have lost the receipt, the box serial number matched the machine so they said OK.

Great i rushed home with my new Bush machine and youve guessed it that didnt bleedin work either !!!!! I tried the firmware nothing exactly the same as the other machine !!! I have e-mailed Bush but have not received a reply

I then returned to Argos with the new machine and said ive had enough can i pay the extra and get the LG Model...they agreed and the extra money was well worth it its a great machine records on any format + or - picture and recording quality excellent its got to be worth the extra money not to waste so much time on the stupid Bush machine.........

The moral to this story is DUMP the BUSH and get the LG its a million miles better

PS This particular store has had FOUR returned in the last month so there is obviously a major fault that Bush wont admit to, so if you can Change it while you can

Sorry i wont need to come on here any more as the LG works fine

Bye everyone

Mike Cheshire
Unregistered guest
My local cash and carry is selling this machine for 149.99 and I thought I would do a bit of research on it b4 I bought one. Rather glad I did and found this forum. It looks to me that Bush is now dumping the machine where it can.

The motto "you get what you pay for" was never truer it would seem. My sympathies to all those here who have suffered at the hands of the manufacturer and their apparent awful PR/Support.

Unregistered guest
I bought one of these yesterday and unfortunately only found this thread today. It came with the 2.5.2/G firmware, and is useless. Basic functionality seems Ok, but it messes up when splitting titles, and won't recover until you cycle the power. When you turn the power back on, you've lost your recording.

I've spent nearly 25 years designing electronic products, and I'm not waiting for an upgrade; this is going straight back to the dealer.

Can anyone recommend a replacement? Basically I want a DVHRS02 that works, preferably with Firewire input, up to about £300.

Thanks

Rick

Unregistered guest
Just called my local dealer (Bennett's): they've had 3 out of 17 returned, which will now be 4 out of 18. My bet is that the other 14 owners haven't tried any title or chapter functions.

Rick

Unregistered guest
Last update (and, I think, the last word on the DVHRS02): I rang Eddy at Alba (number above somewhere). He says 2.5.2/G is current, and it fixed some problems, but he knows of others. He didn't suggest that I should wait for another 'upgrade', so there clearly isn't one on the way. He does claim to have shipped 'thousands', but didn't disagree when I suggested that these people probably haven't tried any editing functions. His advice: 'if you're not happy with it, take it back'.

Any advice on replacements?

Now to get on with real life... :-)

Rick

Aykayjay
Unregistered guest
Question for RickT, when you said you were going to take machine back did they say you could have your money back, I went to yarmouth bennets sunday 10/04/2005, they said i could swap, but not have money back.
PS
Bought on buy now pay later

RickT
Unregistered guest
They initially said replacement, but then agreed to money back. This is Bennetts Dereham. Card payment, 10% off, £198 (?) before discount.

Rick

Username: Dormben

Rugeley, Staffordshire England

Felt I had to come back after reading so many tale of woe about the BUSH DVHRS02. I am not usually lucky (no lotery winner here) but this combi machine really does work very well. Had some initial problems with frezing up on changing Index Pictures , original main build 2.2.2/1, but after updateing the firmware to 2.5.2/G kindly supplied by Colin Jubb, and many thanks for that Colin, everything seems to work OK. Alright I would have liked the machine to have had firwire input, also SVHS (loads of tapes from pre digital days) but for £200, my VHS tapes record to DVR either +R or +RW. I can change the Index Picture and Titles so I can't really ask for more.
Iv'e only one small problem - when in the Disc Menu using the upward arrow button to go to the Change Disc Title ( PAL/DVD/EDIT) I can change the name of the disc, but cannot see how to change the date which in my case is always 01/01/2004. If any one knows whether it is possible to change this date would be glad to hear from them.
Hope that there are others who have bought a machine that works, or is mine the only one!

AlisonS
Unregistered guest
can some one who has received the 2.6.8/G firmware from Z28 also send it to my self please

asarah at boltblue dot com

thanks in advance

GuyD
Unregistered guest
I have just purchased the Bush DVHRS02 and it records to a DVD+RW great, however when playing the skin features of people are a bit yellow around the edges.

The disc plays perfectly on my old DVD player but will not play on my computers DVD player/recorder using Power DVD (the player does support +RW discs). Does anyone know of any reason why this should be or can suggest a software that will allow it to be played on my computer.

I f anyone has the firmware upgrade could you please'E' mail it to me at guydaffern@tinyworld.co.uk. Thanks

BJD100052
Unregistered guest
Z28
please can you email me the DVHRS02 firmware update? Bush don't seem to be interested in keeping their customers happy
thanks andy.brentry49@blueyonder.co.uk

Username: Buggins

Wolverhampton, West midlands England

please can you email me the DVHRS02 firmware update? cant get any menus up at all, except disk menu, cant edit title or finalise disks.

please send to craig.bugins@virgin.net

many thanks

sorry cant type

craig.buggins@virgin.net

http://home.btconnect.com/collie/bush_firmware/

YOU CAN GET FIRMWHERE FROM HERE

Hi, have copied above file onto cd and put it into dvd player, just says it is a cd and doesnt do anything. have powered off at mains and retried, still doesnt do anything. my main build is a at 2.2.2 with softcom at 2.2.6. I cant get any menus up on screen except the 1st menu. cant edit titles, cant finalise disks. help...help

craig.buggins@virgin.net

thanks

Username: Dormben

Rugeley, Staffordshire England

A while back there were some enquiries as to whether the MAPLIN device for copying prerecorded Tapes/DVDs was still available. If anyone is interested they could try SONEL'S 'Macro Master Video Stabiliser' at www.sonel.com which is a device for putting between a player machine and a recording machine to improve picture quality.

Unregistered guest
At last a step in the right direction(I think?)
after alot of try this try that and changing the machine (it locked the picture after 60 mins or so)I find that it is perfect on very cheap rw+ discs.60p each,Thanks to all who have posted on this site it has been a great help.
yours Chris.

egg
Unregistered guest
Bush DVHRS02 = a Pile of crap. but then what do you expect from the cheapest crappiest make you can get? Remember those wonderful bush Hi-fi systems? hahahaha. Why bother struggling with it, just take it back or bin it and get a decent make.

Anonymous

i have one of these bush machines and loaded daewoo rom in it, changes index pic no problem, erases no prob, splits title works but takes a while even after bar has gone to 100%. dont know if it fixes any of other probs or not, you can try and can always go back to 2.5.2g (which didn't work for me) so i will continue to use daewoos 2.6.0
link http://www.daewoo-electronics.co.uk/download/DMN_xx.CUB

Roy

Bronze Member

EdinburghScotland

Post Number: 11
These machines are very odd. I tried the 2.6.0 update from the Daewoo website on my machine a couple of weeks ago and my machine wouldn't load it. It recognised that it was a valid update disc but went no further. However the 2.5.2g firware (which is a slightly older Daewoo update supplied by PVRUK , see above)loaded fine.

I actually gave up on this machine and swapped it for a Daewoo 4150 (knowing that it was virtually the same machine but hoping Daewoo had actually sorted things out.)

The 4150 has got firmwaere 2.6.0 on it and all the editing works fine. It hasn't crashed once after lots and lots of over the top edits.

There is one fly in the ointment though. They still haven't fixed the "over midnight" timer problem. This is apparently down to the Micom software ( on a non upgradeable chip) which is still at version 2.2.6. I emailed Daewoo on the 2nd of April but have not had a reply yet. They seem to be at least as bad as Bush for customer support.

i have copied the 2.5.2 firmware upgrade to a disc but my dvd player wont recgonise it. i have just upgraded to 2.6 daewoo and it picks it up and does the upgrade. powered off, checked and it has picked up 2.6, however, still cant edit index or title or even finalise a disk. i think its going to have to go back.

MachOne
Unregistered guest
Looks like i'm another mug with one of these machines, like several others i emailed Bush and got total B******s off them. Going to send back to Argos i think, luckly i used my CC to pay for it.

Terry Stewart
Unregistered guest
I have just bought a Bush HRS02 (before I viewed this forum) It records well from VHS to DVD but will not finalise a disc. I have to record on a DVDRW and then copy the disc on my computer. The helpline has not offered much hope but are sending a software update. Will this help or should I return the unit to my retailer? Any views on an LG RC1000.

Andy_Dodd
Unregistered guest
Just thought I'd let you all know that if you want to copy copy protected videos then the AV/decoder solution form Maplins doesn't work you will continue to get the copy protected warning (although the picture quality is much better), I am going to try the cable from sonel but I'm not holding out much hope.

Unregistered guest
To Terry Stewart,
Terry I am struggling to play or copy my DVD+RW discs on my computer, what software are you using. My writer is a Pioneer DVR 108.

Unregistered guest
I'm another victim. First machine worked fine for about four weeks - editing, titling, etc. Did about 20 DVD+Rs. Then it started to produce empty DVDs after appearing to work properly. Then it lost the "input" signal from both the VCR and the aerial. Argos replaced it today and the new one has the same empty DVD problem straight out of the box.

People seem to be paying way too much for blank DVD+Rs. I bought mine from Rambox.co.uk for about £12 for 50. These are Ritex 8x Fully printable.

To PJ Horn, Try the TV/VCR button near the top of the remote - the manual says it has no function but it corrected the problem you described for me.

Aykayjay
Unregistered guest
Has anyone found a multi region hack for this machine yet ??.

Just to let you know I got the 2.5.2/G firmware upgrade from Alba & it seems to work fine, I have recorded +Rs & edited them with no problem, as yet.

I'll keep you informed

Anonymous

Hi,
Have I got egg on my face after 3 days of bliss whoops it lock,skips and now gives error messages from the vcr section,factory settings cleared it but thats it bye bye bush.might try the sharp dv rw250h.still could be worse at least its not a rover.

Anonymous

Hi,
Have I got egg on my face after 3 days of bliss whoops it lock,skips and now gives error messages from the vcr section,factory settings cleared it but thats it bye bye bush.might try the sharp dv rw250h.still could be worse at least its not a rover.

Terry Stewart
Unregistered guest
To GuyD.

I'm using Nero and have had no problems.

Unregistered guest
Please Could Someone Send Me The Update For My Machine, As I am To also having problems getting hold of Alba Or Bush

Thanks
Joe

My e-mail is joseph_noble2003@yahoo.co.uk

Unregistered guest
I downloaded the 2.5.2/G from http://home.btconnect.com/collie/bush_firmware/ and it wouldn't load, same problem Craig described.
I renamed the file to DMN_xx.CUB before burning it after reading the Daewoo site (http://www.daewoo-electronics.co.uk/download/firmware.pdf) and then it was recognised and loaded no problem.

Hope this helps.
Jules

buckhysen
Unregistered guest
Hi All,

I bought one of these Bush recorders a few weeks back and have been testing it out a fair few times.
I found this forum after I had the machine unpacked for several days, but had not yet used it... So to say I was a bit worries was an understatement.

I'm hoping most machines will work roughly the same but here are a few tips I've found out.

1. Do not record anymore than 20 seperate chapters or sections on a DVD. I have tried this several times with camcorder footage, and anything over 20 will freeze up the machine/DVD and then wipe it. (Very very annoying).

2. I've tried around 20 brands of DVD and by far the best are Intenso DVD+RW.
They are the ones with the bright orange cover.
As long as you stick to under 20 chapters/sections, these DVD's seem to work every time.
I've already got through 50 successful recordings on these DVD's... From video and TV.

3. Messing around with the chapters and titles too much will sometimes freeze the machine. Although this seems to be random and you cannot tell when this will happen.
I've got to the point now where I don't edit anything other than the thumbnail image on the menu and the DVD title.
I leave titles and chapters as they are.

As yet I've found no other problem with the DVD recorder. although it is annoying that you have to take steps to get it to record.
And it took me several makes of DVD to find the best one.

I've emailed Bush and asked for at least a refund otherwise I will report them to Watchdog and other places for keeping the player on the shelves when they know it is faulty.

If they do not respond within 7 days I will report them as I think their attitude towards most customers has been a disgrace (From what I've read and heard from people who have bought this machine).

I would suggest everyone writes to them and asks for a full or partial refund (Depending on their situation) otherwise they will report them to whatever consumer complaints department they can find.

If they get enough complaints and requests for refunds then they will have to act to avoid bad publicity.

Best Wishes

Kev

buckhysen
Unregistered guest
Hi All,

I bought one of these Bush recorders a few weeks back and have been testing it out a fair few times.
I found this forum after I had the machine unpacked for several days, but had not yet used it... So to say I was a bit worries was an understatement.

I'm hoping most machines will work roughly the same but here are a few tips I've found out.

1. Do not record anymore than 20 seperate chapters or sections on a DVD. I have tried this several times with camcorder footage, and anything over 20 will freeze up the machine/DVD and then wipe it. (Very very annoying).

2. I've tried around 20 brands of DVD and by far the best are Intenso DVD+RW.
They are the ones with the bright orange cover.
As long as you stick to under 20 chapters/sections, these DVD's seem to work every time.
I've already got through 50 successful recordings on these DVD's... From video and TV.

3. Messing around with the chapters and titles too much will sometimes freeze the machine. Although this seems to be random and you cannot tell when this will happen.
I've got to the point now where I don't edit anything other than the thumbnail image on the menu and the DVD title.
I leave titles and chapters as they are.

As yet I've found no other problem with the DVD recorder. although it is annoying that you have to take steps to get it to record.
And it took me several makes of DVD to find the best one.

I've emailed Bush and asked for at least a refund otherwise I will report them to Watchdog and other places for keeping the player on the shelves when they know it is faulty.

If they do not respond within 7 days I will report them as I think their attitude towards most customers has been a disgrace (From what I've read and heard from people who have bought this machine).

I would suggest everyone writes to them and asks for a full or partial refund (Depending on their situation) otherwise they will report them to whatever consumer complaints department they can find.

If they get enough complaints and requests for refunds then they will have to act to avoid bad publicity.

Best Wishes

Kev

Aykayjay
Unregistered guest
Hi Back again

For your info if you have the problem where machine freezes whilst editing titles or index picture, if you record something else to the disc later, it puts back the missing titles previous recorded.

I have also been informed by alba thet finalzing the disc should also bring back missing titles, this I have not tried yet, but will let you know,

I use the same dvd +R IMATION, bought frum QDs, and they seem to work fine.

Has anyone found a multi region hack yet ???

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
Hi

I've found a magazine review for the DVRHS01 and also some for sale on ebay. The ebay pictures for the DVRHS01 and the DVRHS02 look identical - ie, the CD tray is rounded. The review model looks very different.

Could anyone who has a minute please look here and tell me whether yours looks like A or B?

http://www.the-sampsons.co.uk/bush

Yours curiously
Tim

Unregistered guest
Hi Z28 and others. Seems the firmware is the thing I'm looking for, grief otherwise, so I'd really appreciate a download - michaelbrech@worldonline.co.uk
I went to Webcraft by Collie, but I'm on a mac and the download opened as a page of gibberish. The only other thing is, (not having owned a DVD player before) is it common with the DVD player to have a 'chattery' sound when playing? The Video is beautifully quiet, but if I had the chattery sound on a convential CD player, I'd take it back. It makes me wonder if this is causing DVDs to give a little skip now and then. It certainly has caused it with audio CDs.

Unregistered guest
Tim

A is the DVRHS02

Moke

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
I've sent the firmware to Moke.

Tim

Unregistered guest
Hi
I am having troubles with this machine too. Could someone please send me this upgrade? tracey@plunkett6842.fsnet.co.uk

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
Tracey

Look further up the page. A link to the file has been given in at least 2 posts. If you can't download it for some reason, post here again.

Tim

Unregistered guest
i cant burn discs can any one get in touch and arrange a firmware disc for me please
stevesteg.guest@btinternet.com

Unregistered guest
i have just been on watchdogs web page and filled out a report the more of us do it the better.so please follow suit and fill out a report it could lead to getting a good machine or a refund? you never know

Unregistered guest
I would really appreciate it if someone (z28 ?)could send me the firmware update by email, so that I can update my machine.

Also, does anyone yet know how to convert it to multi-region? (The Bush dvd player code to convert it doesn't work on this machine.)
Many thanks.

Colin

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
ColinB

Look further up the page. A link to the file has been given in at least 2 posts. If you can't download it for some reason, post here again.

Tim

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
On the multiregion issue, I suspect there is no remote hack as nobody has posted one yet. It would need someone to hack the firmware.

Unregistered guest
Tim kindly mailed me the 2.5.2 firmware upgrade. My machine was already that, but the Daewoo site http://www.daewoo-electronics.co.uk/download/firmware.pdf has the 2.6.0 upgrade. It SEEMS to have sorted my problems, but time'll tell. (A DVD+R that didn't work before, won't work now, but new ones are OK) I have burnt a disc and am contacting Tracey to forward it to her. If she would then contact stevesteg to forward to him once she has finished with it. No need to send any thanks to me on this site, the page is getting massive already, but thanks to Tim, Z28 and Julian Ledbrook among others for the help.

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
I thought I'd posted this, but it doesn't seem to have appeared.

I'm also hosting both firmware files here for a while: www.the-sampsons.co.uk/bush

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
I seem to be doing fine with the Daewoo 2.6 firmware too but I haven't tried any fancy editing yet. I'm using RiDisc +Rs and +RWs. I haven't actually bothered with the 2.5.2 firmware but I might "downgrade" to see what happens.

One thing that has surprised me about this combi is that I can't play a tape while I am recording to disk (apart from copying from tape). I would have thought that a combi would do that. Am I missing something?

Username: Thegodsplinter

Hi...

It's possible that, in the end, our own voices and MASS (sustained) avoidance of Bush products and word-of-mouth utter condemnation of Bush's products might speak quite loudly against the situation in which most of you have found yourselves.

I remember, quite well, back in the 1980s, Sharp Computer Corporation left for dead all owners of the ancient Sharp MZ700 tape-driven (yes...tape-driven) computer. No software, no help, no apology and no replacements by better machines...back then, at least. We were just dumped and our machines were considered, by Sharp, to be just "disowned" (their term, during one phone call.) I, for one, avoided the purchasing of Sharp goods for 20 years, costing them around £7,500 - sadder when you consider that, until then, I wouldn't buy anything BUT Sharp goods.

Similarly, more recently, with "PC World"...I was refused a £20 refund, when a copy of PC Scrabble refused to work on my machines and worked perfectly (granted) on one of the store's counter machines, when a friend took it back for me.

Since then, I've bought over £1,600 of computer related goodies from "Staples" (who have a paranoid's DREAM of after-sales refund/replacement conditions!) and I've talked family and friends into spending around £6,000 on computer goods elsewhere, also.

They wouldn't refund my £20, so that refusal has now cost them, just through me, £7,600, so, really...stores do this to themselves, when they do this to us!

I can understand how annoyed many of you feel at being used as a "techno rubbish dump" in this way. We can vote with our cash or cards, if they decide to walk all over us, or if they blatantly disregard our grievances in the way in which Bush clearly have with most of you.

Loyalty is invisible to these people and grievances carry no weight with these companies, so boycotting is the best move, if you keep it consistent and prolonged - covering many years. The worst review Bush can get is from your word-of-mouth criticisms and warnings, to EVERYBODY...family, friends, neighbours.

In effect, you will be actually slowly re-writing their public image and they can do absolutely nothing about it...because we now are armed with the Internet and we can warn and dissuade thousands of people - or, at the very least, many hundreds, each.

Somebody, somewhere, must show these corporations that they exist because we have money to spend and that they could get a huge amount more money from us if they'd just stop treating us like faceless, second-class hangers-on, leaving us out in the cold with faulty machines or faulty firmwares - that WE are the force behind anything they might label corporate success, if they have any.

They should be made to see that, if our money wasn't faulty, then what we bought from them, with it, ought not to be. How much more obvious could we make a lesson in good public relations than by simply stating our cases and grievances and having the associated company take good care of us, their customers!

If, as is the case with other goods, the product is its own best advertisement, then how could Bush think that they were getting away with anything worthwhile by dumping these machines on a lot of unhappy people? While Bush nurse our monies, customers of Bush are forced to nurse grudges, faulty machines and, in some cases, very disappointed children and grandchildren, on birthdays and at Christmas.

I wish I could change what has happened to you all- I really do. Maybe, I'm one of the lucky ones who bought this Bush machine, given that I've had absolutely NO trouble at all with it, but for having to use standard screen mode for about 2 out of every 10 DVD movies I've tried to watch.

But, if you do decide to inform Watchdog, I hope that Bush are forced to listen! Buyers of this machine have been walked on - plain and simple.

Good luck to all of you - I really mean it!

Ian.

Anonymous

Hi,

My dad just bought a Bush DVHRS 02 and got some +R disks to get started. He finds that he is getting inconsistent results in that sometimes it records and sometimes it doesn't (this is copying from video to dvd). Can I obtain a firmware upgrade from someone and could someone tell me what the bush web address is as I can't seem to find any reference to it. Also, I would appreciate any feedback regarding this problem. Email is george.barry@daysoftuv.com

Much Appreciated

GeorgeBarry

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
George

A link to the files is just a few messages up, assuming that you have access to a CD writer.

The web address you need is www.bush-radio.co.uk

Cheers
Tim

Anonymous

Can someone please send me or provide an address to the 2.6.8/G firmware upgrade for a Bush DVHRS02. My email is joe.stewart5@btinternet.com.

Many Thanks

Joe

Unregistered guest
To Z28

Would appreciate it very very very much if you could email the firmware update for the DVHRS02
ronald.batty@ntlworld.com
Many Thanks
Ron Batty in Newark UK

Unregistered guest
After reading this forum I too have the same problems with my DVHRS02. I've only had it two days and I'm fed up. Ive tried the Update from daewoo and upgraded it to 2.6.0, but still have the same problems. Could some one send me the 2.6.8/G update to try please. p_hall@tiscali.co.uk

Thanks.

Chrisino
Unregistered guest
Hi, could someone email me the most up to date version of the firmware please.

dentdntn@aol.com

Thanks

Chrisino

dishearteneduk
Unregistered guest
Hi guy's. I received this combi as a birthday gift. Not only does it not recognise dvd-/+rw, it doesn't even record of the tv. I have the feeling it is a completely useless piece of equipment and just pray we can get it exchanged for a different one that works. My partner is an IT technician and even he couldn't get it going...I'm about to throw the thing trough the window unless anybody can give help with a possible cause, other than exchange? I too will be informing Watchdog. Thankyou in advance. Dis.

Tim Sampson
Unregistered guest
dishearteneduk, It won't recognise -R or -RW disks but it should be okay with +R or +RW. Try the bush firmware upgrade before taking it back. Mine has been absolutely fine. See links above for the firmware file.

buckhysen
Unregistered guest
Someone mentioned this before, but try TDK discs.
I've had 75 successful copies out of 75, recording from TV and video. :o)

Best Wishes

Kev

dishearteneduk
Unregistered guest
Thanx guy's....I tried all sorts of disks but it still would not work. It was definately faulty. My partner tried the video and that was a no go too. I now have a Sharp DV-RW250H and it has been great....no probs other than pre-recorded vids., still can't copy them. Does anyone know of any codes to make this multiregion and help with vid transfer? Many thanx to all, Dis.

dishearteneduk
Unregistered guest
p.s. I too have had no response from Bush and I mailed them directly after 1st post (25/5)...not impressed & have reported to Watchdog.....they must know the machine is faulty!!! BEWARE GUY'S....!

Stodders
Unregistered guest
To z28

I have recently purchased a Bush DVD Recorder and the info u supplied was instrumental in finalising the decision. Could you possibly e-mail me the upgrade at colina_rutherford62@yahoo.co.uk and I will burn it to disk.

Thanks Mate
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us