Rotel vs NAD integrated's

Silver Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 102
I am currently looking at getting an integrated amp (I was going to get a receiver, then realized that I can save myself a lot of crappy sound by removing the tuner that i will never use anyway!)

I am currently looking at the Rotel RA-1062 and the NAD C320BEE.

They have fairly equal specs and hookups, I'm interested in anyone's opinions about sound differences. I listen to mostly classic rock and acoustic music (ie, Floyd, Zepplin, DMB, Hendrix...) and I don't have a store within 100 miles that I can just run out to and audition these items. so...i need some more info before i go audition them.

Any opinions would be great, guys!!

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 551
Big difference between these two amps. The Rotel will blow the 320 into the dust. I'm surprised you're comparing these two - the 1062 has a price tag nearly 3 times that of the 320BEE here.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 560
Actually I think the 2 amps are comparable and it will depend on your tastes which you will prefer. In the US the difference in price is between the NAD at $399 and the Rotel at $699. I listened to the RA-1062 the other day and it sounds very good but I prefer the NAD sound. They are both great integrateds at their cost. Audition them both if you can, it really is just a matter of taste.

Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 9
I've got to agree with Art on this one. I own the 320BEE. I auditioned the 320BEE, C352, Rotel RA-1062 and Arcam A65+ when I was shopping. They all sound different, and it is purely a matter of taste. I would have honestly been happy with either of them, but the NAD left me with a few extra dollars to throw towards speakers. If they were all the same price, I would have probably bought the C352. If you're looking to spend more than the $399 for the 320BEE, check out the C352. To me it sounded a little better than the 320BEE, but not enough to justify the increased price. It does have a few more features, such as an extra set of pre-outs, removable power cord, etc. if you need these things. To me they weren't a selling point.

Username: Bunny

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 6
Is there a NAD or Rotel dealer close to you?
You should try to audition if at all possible!
All suggested models are great, if budget permits you should check the C-372 as well.

Good luck !

Username: Bunny

Big D, Texas

Post Number: 7
Sorry,

I just realized that you already said that it is very hard for you to audition.

My bad

Then I agree with Stu, the 320BEE sounds like a good choice, excellent value for your money.

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 10
Also in the price range is the Marantz PM-7200, and the PM-7000 can still be found. Some people love them, some hate them. I didn't like the PM-7000 too much, but again it's all a matter of taste. I'm staring to realise how many integrateds I listened to before I bought the 320BEE.

Also, for the $699 MSRP of the Rotel, you can get the C320BEE and 521BEE cd player. That could be a selling point if you need a new cd player.

Silver Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 103
Honestly, I don't really like the sound of the Marantz, music sounds too beefy on them. Anyway, i found a place where I can get the Rotel for 550...so I'm probably going to go hear it and from what I hear, the difference in price is quite worth it!

Bronze Member

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 14
You really can't go wrong with NAD or Rotel. Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 85
For the pricetag on the Rotel why not look at going to a higher model NAD amplifier? If you do that then I say go with the NAD of equal value because that WILL out do the Rotel. Rotel makes good stuff, no doubt, but NAD's bigger amps, to my ear, are almost unbeatable unless you spend thousands more!

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 86
Yes, I say go with a C352 over the 320BEE. Price is similar to the Rotel and I'd say it's a better deal for the price and for your ears :-) IMHO at lest. I've had a C370 for about 5 years and it's the best amp I've owned.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us