Match for Paradigm's?

Anonymous

What brand reciever would be good for paradigm speakers? I've heard people say a couple names like Marrantz, yamaha, pioneer. I listen to 80%movies/20% music. Any thoughts or experiences?

Username: Jr66

Post Number: 7
DENON, they make an amazing range of products, ive listened to all three you listed at Whitby audio near toronto except the Yammy, it was at a hifi store in Kingston and the denon to me blew them all away. The guys there tried to push Marantz on me but my ears told me other wise.

I run all paradigm speakers, Studio 100's, Centre is the 570 rear is 470 and surrounds are adp 470. I dont even need a sub with the receiver and 100's but i do have one. paradigm pw2200.

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 146
Marantz or Denon will work well with them. I like both and ended up getting the Marantz.

But pretty much any quality receiver will do fine, what features & interface do you prefer & what price range.

Anonymous

I'm looking at getting the Moniter 11's. CC-370, and probubly the minimoniters as rears.

Username: Jr66

Post Number: 9
thats was what i was going to do aswell.
Just make sure that your speakers area ll the same size so they fire in sync, i think it was monitor 9s that had the same speaker size as the mini monitors. Im not 100% but it is always good to try and keep the actuall speakers the same size. 6 1/4" rings a bell as it is good to keep the same brand throughout..

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 572
Marantz.

Bronze Member
Username: Sr_immortal

Post Number: 26
Well when I had the preformance and monitor series (2 months ago, I upgraded very very fast) I used the Denon 1905.

But when I upgraded to the studio series, I bought the Rotel 1056. I did A/B blind tests with that receiver and the Denon 3805. And I could pick the Rotel over the Denon 90% of the time. And I watch movies and play video games with my HT system, rarely if ever listen to music. I got a B stock, from my paradigm dealer for $1100.

Rotel is not very popular in the states, but its all the rave over in Europe...

Bronze Member
Username: Alphabet

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 22
I have also auditioned the Denon 3805 and although it sounded fairly good, I was not impressed with its power. I also listened to Rotel(a bit too expensive), Yamaha RX-V650(Under powered), Marantz 5500(Quite good), Cambridge 540R and after much headscratching settled for the CA. Why? It performs as well in stereo mode as in multi-channel, it has a very natural sound, have more than enough power, has a small footprint, does not have many bells and whistles to distract and also presented excellent value for money!

BUT, once again, do not let our opinions sway you, let your ears decide!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 575
Rotel and NAD are better than MArantz and Denon but also more expensive.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us