Setup for the music

charlee
Unregistered guest
Hi!
I am newbie in audio forum.
I have a dvd player which has digital out, 5.1 channel analog out and av (2 channels l/r for audio and video out) out. And My av receiver has digital in , 5.1 channels in and av analog (2 channels) in.
If I want to listen the music from the CD (not for the movie and not for the dts or dd) whcih one of the following setups should be better for the stereo sound output quality.
1) dvd player digital out to digital in of av receiver
2) dvd player av 2 channels out to 2 channals audio inputs of av receiver
3) if I connected both setups, whcih one is working, digital or 2 channels?
My av receiver has 5.1 channals out put to speakers but I will only use the front speakers for the cd audio music listening.
I know av receivers cannot match with the stereo amplifiers in analog 2 channals audio. But right now I have no plan to buy an amplifier, I just want to hook up my av system for music listening.
Thanks for any inputs.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 702
This is very much equipment dependent. If the DACs (digital analog converters) are better in your DVD player than in your receiver, use analog rca audio out from DVD to audio input of receiver. If converters are better in receiver, use DVD digital out to receiver digital in. If you connect both, many receivers allow you to switch back and forth or you can set up the audio output in the DVD player. Since you do not provide euipment info, you will just have to try it and see which sounds best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us