Power!!!

SwmrSnd
Unregistered guest
im looking for opinions here: If you were to build the most powerfull system, in aspects to bass, from scratch, what would u get? lets try to stay under $1000 on this one.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 536
You'd get a very powerful pile of junk probably. Power is little use when undirected, or directed poorly. Weilding a great deal of power can pose a problem too.

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3797

Frank, are you talking hifi or politics?

Username: Music_man

Post Number: 7
Haha, i love how on most of these post, no one really gets down to the point. Honestly if you dont know, dont post. If your not going to help the person (tust me talking in circles of anything other than what they wishes to get help on doesnt help) again, dont post. Please its a waste of time. Im pretty sure everyone here has the ability to interpret what one another says.
He says he wants power, dont tell him Power isnt the correct term, tell him what the correct term for bass power is and go on from there, please. Thank You ^_^

Post Number: 8
Okay, so, you probably what something that can "shake your room" or after watching a war movie wake up the next day and say "Is that a Mortar" Please correct me if im wrong. Well to tell you the truth, (this will be rather a bad quality compared to those "lets impress my friends with Thousands of dollars worth of equipment" people, not to say thats a bad thing, but for $1000.) just buy a regular amp (i like the NAD's myself, anyone 2ch+ will do) then go on ebay or to your local audio store and by something like a 12" 300+watt Sub, and bam, add some full range speakers and you have yourself a nice home theater audio system. hope this helps ^_^

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3809

Sorry, Eric, Frank knows what he's talking about and he's much more correct than you are.

Bronze Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 59
Have you looked at this site to see if they have any professional amplifiers going.

http://www.fproj.com/used/amps.htm

Former cinema projectionist for UCI and Warner village cinemas UK.

Ashley

Post Number: 9
I dont see what you mean, i try to explain in lowest possible form of standard english. Still nothing. Im here to help, but please enlighten me on what you mean. if you want my opinion (SwmrSnd) you really cant for $1000, yes frank is right it will be a pill of junk, however there are alternatives. By the way Jan, saying someting with no regard to the original thread is alittle un-called for.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 545
Jan

Actually, mine was a HiFi response, but I enjoyed the quip.

SwmrSnd

Your original query is quite broad and open to much interpretation. Examples:

1. Are you talking about building something from scratch?

2. Are you asking to build a complete system for under $1000?

3. Is this just a sub-bass unit for $1000?

What are you trying to do precisely? Incidentally, re-reading my original post I was fairly cutthroat. I did not mean to be quite so direct for which I apologise.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us