Subwoofer M&K V-76 - Anybody has experience with this ?

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 58
Hello guys,
I just bought the M&K V-76 subwoofer. From the review, this sub can play tremendously down to 20 Hz, but I feel that this sub can only go to 30 HZ.
Anybody has the experience with this sub ? I have tried various setting, but seem it couldn't go lower.

Maybe I have to choose the PSB Subsonic 6i.

Guys, please help any idea to deal with this sub.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3845

20Hz is very difficult to manage in most real rooms. It may do the spec in a different setting, but there is a very good chance the room you have is too small in at least on dimension to allow that range of reproduction. Changing the room and not the sub is the answer to lower bass response.

Now please tell me how you decided it can only reach to 30Hz. What information do you think you are actually missing between 30Hz and 20Hz?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
I listen to various dvd with lot of bass such as Godzilla, Lord of The Ring - 2 Tower, Master and Commander, Incredibles.

Frankly speaking, I don't have the tool to measure this frequency (RADIO SHACK). But from my hearing, there's a missing frequency when there are suppose to be a lot of bass on the film. I listen in audible volume (not too loud) in order for me to have a chance to listen the low frequency.

Jan Vigne, do u ever experience in hearing this M&K V-76 ?

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3868

No, I have not had this problem with any of the MK subs. They do what they are advertised to achieve.

The more logical explanation is the room is unfriendly to the sub. If you have not experimented with placement, that is the first place to begin. If the manual for the sub doesn't cover placement to your satisfaction, put something on the order of "subwoofer placement" in a search engine and get a few ideas on how to begin. There are several options depending on your room and sub interaction, so read a few before you decide something is wrong with the sub. It sounds more like a standing wave than a problem with the sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
So the main point is the subwoofer placement in the room. Okay, I also have read quite a lot about subwoofer article from the internet.

Since this M&K V-76 is a sealed enclosure type subwoofer, is it differ with the placement of ported subwoofer ??
Should we aimed the subwoofer shoot directly to the audience ?
I think for the ported subwoofer, it would be advantage if we put in on the corner or the sub aim to the wall. Since the port sub would benefit from wall reflecting.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3879

The wavelength coming from a sub woofer is large enough that "aiming" the sub is not needed and placement of a ported or sealed enclosure is still a matter of where the system sounds best in your room. Placement close to walls and intersecting wall surfaces will affect a sub just as a typical loudspeaker is affected.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3885

http://www.mhsoft.nl/RoomAcoustic.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us