Sugden a21 vs Rotel RA-1062

Unregistered guest
I can't decide which is the better buy; a 2nd hand Sugden A21 or a brand new Rotel RA 1062 for the same money. I am slowly upgrading my old system Rotel RA 930 mk2 (to be replaced now) Rotel RCD 950 (to be replaced next year) & B&W DM601 speakers. Any advice?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3284

If an amplifier can stay on the market as long as the Sugden, which manufacturer is the most likely to give you help when needed if you keep the amplifier for another 15 years? Rotel changes their models every year for some cosmetic reason and a new model number. Sugden built their amplifier right the first time and can still remain competitive in the market. Call Rotel and ask if they can provide service for one of their amps that was built years ago. Call Sugden and ask the same question. Better yet, look at the resale for a fifteen year old Rotel and a fifteen year old Sugden.

With all that in mind, if you like the sound of your Rotel (which I guess you don't or you wouldn't be looking to change it out), the Sugden and the Rotel are not the same sound. You should listen to both amps before you make your decision.

Username: Rombi

Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa

Post Number: 3
need advice on loudspeaker uppgrade...

I have a rotel ra 1062 with a Nad 542...
I wish to upgrde my diamonds 8.1 to do the above mentioned combo justice....

curently I'm looking at the warfedale evo 30 or diamond 9.6 floorstanders. I'm also interested in mission floorstanders as I believe them to have a HUGE GRAND sound...which I like...

When my budget allows I'll will be getting the rotel rc 1072 cd player as well... I'm completely blown away by the synergy the rotel combo achieves...propelsive, fast and above all extremely dynamic and rhythmic...

I want a good loudspeaker that will do this explosive combo justice...

I listern to all kinds of music....from Beethoven and Brahms to 50c, The Killers,Green Day and the like......

please... please.. advice....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us