Rear speakers wont work

Username: Bheron

Post Number: 1
Hello, I just moved and hooked up my same system setup (36 inch toshiba tube TV, DVD player, VCR, and surround sound system to my receiver). For some reason, there is no sound coming from my back speakers?! I've tested both the wires and the speakers, themselves, by first trying them on the front and center connections. It def not the speakers or the wires. We only moved 10 mins away so I dont think anything got damaged.

I do remember, however, the last time we moved and I hooked them up I didnt get any sound. I eventually learned there was some trick in the order they were connected or something? BUt then there was no sound. This time there is sound out of the front and center speakers, and subwoofer.

Any ideas? Help!

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1869
Are you surround speakers selected in the set-up menu of your reciever?

Username: Bheron

Post Number: 2
I beleive so. I have it on Dolby and Surround. It could be something in the setup, I'll have to check.

But b/c something like thi happened before I was thinking it was something to do with how I connected the speakers to the receiver, in what order, and how/when I turned different systems on?

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1871
It should'nt matter what order they are connected. Your reciever may have 2 sets of surround speaker connections - surround L & R, Surround Back L & R - or similar. Be sure they are connected appropriately both at the speaker binding posts and that you set the appropriate surrounds in the speaker section of the receivers set-up menu. Just a thought. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us