Help for a waterpark system

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 179
hey , my dad owns a waterpark and wants to replace his sound system there cuz its not that good right now.
He has a cd player, tape deck,mic, and theres a computer connected to it to play mp3's. I guess he needs an amp or two, and he wants about 6-8 big loud speakers that that could get a lil wet. Could someone help me out and design a decent system (not too terribly expensive).

thanks!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3738

No, just as no one on the forum will be around to help if the system stops working in the middle of a busy holiday weekend. There are too may variables that "big loud speakers" just doesn't cover when designing a system. Suggest to your father the best way to get this done properly is to have a professional from your area come out and work out the details on site. That person should be willing to give some guarantees about the performance of the system, which is something no one on this forum can do.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 180
ok, thanks anyway, i get what your sayin, but could you gimme some brands that make decent speakers, and amps, and also some ones to stay away from?

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3740

Again, sorry, but no I can't. In general price is relative to quality just as it is in home audio. There is a point of diminishing returns on the money spent and that should be where you aim. Set your budget slightly lower than you can actually afford and find the best for that amount. You'll have a bit extra for something fancy or the little things that mount up quickly in a professional system. In professional sound systems, the requirements of inputs and outputs, distribution techniques and, in your case, outdoor ruggedness can outweigh the simple factors of this piece is better built than the piece which best suits your needs.

Go to some other venues which might have similar systems and ask questions. Ask for referrals. Get the shop which has done projects like yours before and let them guide you. If nothing else, there are too many decent products for me to name a few that may not even be available from the dealer you decide to do business with.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 242
I don't know of any splash-proof speakers. Depends how big your waterpark is as to what will work or not. If it's Disney then get the pros in but if it's got a couple of slides and a pool then some home gear will suffice. You may have to encase the speakers in some homemade splash-proof covers though. There is so much good kit out there and at decent money so it's impossible to recommend a system. You won't want to spend thousands on some audiophile installation though, not if people aren't really concentrating on the music and it's outdoors.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 181
yeah, its a pretty decent size, not like disney though. The speakers would be mounted on poles in the park. I guess we'd have to put some sort of cover on them for the rain(they wouldnt be right next to the pools/slides). But could you tell me what i need for 6-8 speakers (prefably wireless). I would need an amp(or 2?), speakers, and would i need some sort of power inverter?
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 120
Jan's giving the best advice you can get here: Get some professionals involved. The gear you will be lookng at is totally different than what is discussed here. I suspect the manufacturers will be totally different group as well. I seriously doubt much of anyone hanging out here has the expertise you need and if they did they would know that you won't get good information for your needs over the internet.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 184
well theres not much difference between the waterpark system and a home audio system, thats why i thought i would try the home audi section of ecoustics. I guess we would just put the speakers in a water-resistant box or in a place where water cant come in. The park is only open for 2 months a year(after it closes we would take it down for the winter), all i wanna know is what i would need! Please, just someone point me in the right direction!

I'm guessing I need (2) 6 channel amps, 12 speakers, and some sorf of power supply. We have a cd player, and i guess we'd figure out how to hook a computer to it so we could play playlists of music.

Please i don't see why everyone is sayin call a professional. worst comes to worst the system is down a couple days and we'll get it fixed!!.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3746

Everyone is saying call in a professional because that will prove to be the best way to get the best equipment you need for the lowest outlay of money. You don't seem to understand home audio and sound reinforcement are not the same thing. I've sold both and been responsible for both. One actually has little to do with the other. This is particularly true when the sound reinforcement system will be placed outside. That is a fact, Richard.

There are too many things to consider to just tell you what to buy. You "guess" this should happen or you "guess" that should be used. That will not get music into your system. You obviously don't know what should be done, but you refuse to take the advice of those who do.

Why do you not simply take a drawing of your lay out to a shop in your area and ask for help? No professional sound system can be constructed properly when the lay out of the area can't be seen. For the type of system you seem to want a shop may not charge any consultation fees.

That is, I believe, the best advice anyone on this forum can give you.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 185
OK thanks Jan, I get what your saying, but i don't need a perfect system, all I need is something that will work somewhat decent. I wanted to purchase everything online cuz I can't find any audio shops around here that would be able to do it and I figured that it wouldn't be as expensive. I don't see the big deal in setting up a system in a waterpark. You guys here set up systems in house don't you? Well lets say I have a mansion that needs a system!
As long as the speakers worked my father would be happy. Right now theres a crappy system in the park, it works, but its all really old stuff that we would like to upgrade. I know your probably frustrated reading this but my father is just as stubborn as me! He will not go to a profesional, because he used to know what he was doing years back. Just all I want to know is what I need! Please help me, again I'm sorry for causing problems.

Username: Primec

Post Number: 2
check out outdoor speakers at shopping.com

http://shopping.com/xPP-Home_Theater_Speakers_and_Subwoofers---outdoor
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us