Looking amp for Bose speakers

Username: Burnet01

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I got an Bose Acoustimass 3 speakers that I bought for their small size. I know they are a bit overprice, but that is not the subject (as I got them already).
I am looking for an amp that takes the best of the Bose Acoustimass 3. I know there are many good amp but I am looking for an amp about the same quality of the speakers and not so expensive. I was thinking in NAD C320BEE for good price but perhaps you could recoment me some other that will perform better with the Bose speakers for quality and price.
I would apreciate some opinion and advice.

Regards

Username: Angsumanroy

Post Number: 7
Well honestly you don't need such a good amp for a bose system. I doubt you would notice much of a difference between amps. Perhaps a cheap stereo receiver made by sherwood, teac or sony could do. Or you could definately go with the NAD if your looking to upgrade in the future.

Post Number: 2
Hi Roy,
So with this Bose speakers never mind what amp I install, becuase should not be any difference. it's a bit dissapointed, right now are working with a Denon amp/receiver but i feel is not powerful enough for the speakers (about 15W real)

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 645
Bose can fatigue your ears on long listening sessions when paired with some amps - I would recommend this one - it's a surprisingly good value ! Also supports 6.1 surround, in case you want to use it for movies as well. You want a smooth sounding amp to tame your Bose, so they won't give you a listener fatigue.

Bose could sound ok mated with the right stuff - Mercedez cars have Bose in them, and sounds ok, but they are hard to match the amp - to get them to sound refined.

This receiver's Msrp is $400, but you can get them half off here.

http://www.6ave.com/adlong.jsp?w=1&x=TXLR552

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 768
Roy is right. Get something cheap. Won't really matter. JVC and Panasonic have a broad range of inexpensive receivers that should work just fine with your Bose speakers.

Username: Ryanfalvo

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I install Bose systems for a living and we typically use cheap Samaon amps for full range speaker pairs. For an AM3 system, if you don't necessarily need an amp/receiver, you can probably get a Samson Servo 170 or 260 for under $200.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 773
There you go.

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 147
Sell those speakers!

Post Number: 3
Thanks guys,
I bought the Bose already so now I have to keep it
About the amp, the AM3 are working now with a Denon UD-M31 Rate Output Power 22W + 22W, I was thinking that is too little for the Bose, so with a amp about 50W per channel the speakers would sound much better. Am I right or wrong?
I see the original idea of the NAD C320BEE is too much for the Bose, every day I get more dissapointed with this speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us