Which small wall mounted speakers?

Username: Pattom12

Marana, AZ United States

Post Number: 3
I need speakers for my home theater set up and only have room for small wall mounted speakers. I am considering the Paradigm Cinema 110's, Infinity TSS-Sat4000, and Definitive Mythos Two/Three. I would appreciate input about which is best. I do have room for a subwoofer.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 288
I would add the Ascend CBM-170s to your list, they are one of the most amazing speaker bargains around. Massive paper trail of glowing reviews from pros and consumers alike.

Go to ascendacoustics.com and also look at their users' forum, you might be able to locate an Ascend owner near you who'll let you come listen, otherwise they have a 30 day refund policy so you'd just be out $15 return shipping.

Bronze Member
Username: Sr_immortal

Post Number: 21
you can also get the paradigm Minimonitors and Monitor 5s as onwalls...

Username: Pattom12

Marana, AZ United States

Post Number: 4
Are the Monitor 5 OW good speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 350
They have received very good press. I haven't heard them though, so I suggest that you go and have a listen if you have a dealer nearby.

Mike Q
Unregistered guest
I think the 5's are rear ported so wall mounting my not be ideal.

Bronze Member
Username: Sr_immortal

Post Number: 23
they have made the Mini Monitors and Monitor 5s for OW...and their not rear ported

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 482
Not sure about prices, but check out M&K (Miller & Kreisel). The satellites are all sealed units so no problems with wall fitment, and the subs go very deep for the money. Integration between the sub and sat is also of a very high order. Well worth looking into.

Regards,
Frank.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 290
I can definitely vouch for the in-wall M&Ks: heard them at this guy's house and they were FABULOUS!!! Amazing thing is that just a single pair of them running off of a Sony ES receiver with a small maybe 10" sub totally filled up a huge den with 15 foot vaulted ceilings beautifully. Clarity, detail, depth, soundstage---it was all there!

This is why it makes me chortle when I hear some people swear that only behemoth floorstanders can throw a big soundstage...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us