HK AVR335 vs Onkyo 702

Unregistered guest
Hi All,

Am new to receivers and am looking for a receiver in 400-500$ range. I found these 2, and am wondering if you have any suggestion/ recommendation.
Also, suggest if you have any other model/make which might be a better buy for my price range.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 412
What will you be using this receiver for? Home theater or music? What speakers do you have? 4 ohms or 8 ohms? What size room?

In general, I prefer HK to Onkyo. Better amplifiers and better bass management.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 14
ohms don't really matter, they're both high current, both 7.1 capable, lots of toys, auto setup, comp video switching, etc. personally i like HK over onkyo, HK's are cleaner than Onkyos. you could also check www.dakmart.com, they sell refurbished Denon's direct from the factory, around 50% off.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 250
I'd definitely go with the HK. You can get some really good deals on them through Harman Direct on eBay, these refurbs come with the full manufacturer's warranty. And from what I've read they're very good about exhanges or refunds if you get a defective one.

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 424
Cyrus wrote:

ohms don't really matter, they're both high current

Wish I could agree... Onkyo generally have different specs for Asia, Europe and the Americas. The north American model is generally not rated for below 6-ohms and sound very thin with no dynamic range at ll uisng 4-ohms speakers. At least that's been my experience with one such model. I'll conceed that's only one data point...

Anonymous

HK is nice.
mz

Anonymous

HK is nice.
mz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us