Marantz SR-7400 dual voltage capable?

Kay
Unregistered guest
Does anyone who has a US market SR-7400 know whether the unit is dual voltage capable, as I live in a 220V country? I checked the manual, and there doesnt seem to be a voltage switch on the back panel. Im wondering whether there is any internal switch or dual voltage capability that a techie would be able to help out with. Also if Im forced to use a 220/120 step down transformer (say a 1000W transformer, as the Marantz's total power consumption is 540W), would there be any adverse effects on amplifier performance? Thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 18
Kay

I have an SR-7300. Australia is 240 volts and the Marantz receivers here are 230 volts. I asked the dealer whether this could be problematic and he said that he'd never heard of this causing any concern. Whether a 230 volt unit be okay with 220 volts you'd need some advice from Marantz (a) as to whether it would work ok and (b) whether it may effect any warranty issues.

Kay
Unregistered guest
Hi My Rantz (lol like the nick). I think you misunderstood my post! I have a US market amp (120V) and Im in New Zealand (which is 220-240V). So my problem is the step down from 220-240 down to the 120V required for the amp to work.

Bronze Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 20
Sorry - didn't realise you have already purchased a 120v model. I guess someone knowledgable in electronics could help.

Good luck with it - I'm sure you'll enjoy the Marantz experience when all is sorted out

dong
Unregistered guest
Kay.
Im from the Philippines and the line voltage here is 220. I have a US-model Yamaha subwoofer rated 120v. I used a stepdown transformer and for almost seven years til now its still working and never ever experienced some troubles.
Be sure the power capacity of your transformer is way above the power consumption of your sub, otherwise your transformer will fail due to excessive heat. Mine is twice the power consumption of my sub.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 215
Kay: dong is correct. I've used these transformers but going from 120V (North America) to 220V (Western Europe). The only thing was the power rating of the transformer. I had problem with the transformer overheating and shutting off! So, make sure it is WELL above the required number of power (measured in watts). For example, if you subwoofer is 400W, I would make sure you have at least an 800W transformer! If you're unsure, look at the power rating near the plug. If it's 120V and 4A (amps), then the power is 480W (watts = volts x amps).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us