Sony sw40 subwoofer

i just purchased a sony subwoofer.i cant seem to get much sound out of it.i own a jvc 8020 receiver.i believe i have it hooked up correctly with a quality rca plug and i have the subwoofer "on "in my receiver.i really dont understand the settings on the subwoofer.can someone tell me how i should have each setting on the subwoofer.thanks

matt
It all depends on your taste of bass, normaly the freq. dial should be set between 60 to 120 hz or whatever the middle freq. is on there. Then set your gain 3/4 of the way up or whatever you feel is right. Also, I have the jvc 8010 reciever and have you tried to set the the LFE setting on and the crossover should be set at 80Hz if you havent done that already. I dont know what settings are availiable for the SW-40, or maybe the subwoofer is one of the defected ones and unfourtunetly you were to the to purchase it. I hope this led you to some new ideas.

thanks for the info matt.

matt
So is your sub woofer still having issues or have u figured out whats the problem

Username: Grim

Post Number: 3
hi matt,

you might want to adjust the decible settings of the sub through the dvd player\receiver. this may help you get more loudness out of your sub. i just purchased the sony sw-100. let me know how it turns out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us